WAU Manager

This forum is intended for computer technicians only. Post IT related topics here.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Fredclaus

WAU Manager

Post by Fredclaus »

Fred,

Just a quick question. I am looking to change my computer so the WAU Manager does my updates instead of the Windows Updates program. That one just seems to suck lately. Is there a way to tell it to run on a regular basis, but silently?
Fred
Site Admin

Re: WAU Manager

Post by Fred »

Hi Fred. Yes, everything is on WAU Manager's Dashboard. UI mode: Quiet. Then use the provided schedule to have it updating whenever you want.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fredclaus

Post by Fredclaus »

Thanks Fred, I appreciate it. I'm trying to learn Powershell, so I wonder if there is a way to script this all through there. I'll have to play around with it. Otherwise I'll just set it up with the UI.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Oh, I see. That is perfectly doable. You see, Wau manager creates a scheduled task and specifies a /flag= argument that defines how the application should behave.
For example, the following command will make WAU Manager update drivers and software every 10 days, and do not show any UI:

Code: Select all

schtasks /create /TN "WAU Manager Windows Updates Task" /SC DAILY /MO 10 /RL HIGHEST /TR "C:\ProgramData\UVK\WAU Manager.exe /update /flag=19" /F
Possible flag values are:
1 for updating drivers
2 for updating software
3 for updating both
8 for progress only
16 for silent (no UI)

so /flag=19 means update both drivers and software silently, no UI.
If you copy/paste the command above, do not forget to update the path of the application.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred