possible to create Scan parameters for UVK Command Scripts?

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
crowruin

possible to create Scan parameters for UVK Command Scripts?

Post by crowruin »

it is possible to scan using the uvk commands script after you downloaded you're 3rd party application?
Fred
Site Admin

Re: possible to create Scan parameters for UVK Command Scrip

Post by Fred »

Hi crowruin.

I'm not sure I understood correctly. Can you please be more specific?

If you want to run a UVK script from a custom third party app, then the answer is yes.

Specify one of the commands in the third party app as follows:

%UVKDir%\UVK_en.exe -ReadFile "Script path" -Auto -NoEmptyBin -NoEmptyTemp -NoRPoint

Replace "Script path" with the path of the script you want to run.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
crowruin

Post by crowruin »

I Meant lets say i download a 3rd party scanner with the UVK script and open it

is it possible to insert a command for the 3rd party app to scan the infected computer? just like the 4 3rd party apps in UVK
where it downloads the apps then opens them up and then runs a scan all automated?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Well, some programs support command line switches for automation. For instance, MBAM and SAS support the /silent switch for automated install. The professional version of MBAM also supports the /silent switch for the update, like this:

Code: Select all

mbam.exe /update /silent
But not the free version. I had to make UVK click the OK button in the message box after the update.

To start the scan MBAM supports command line switches, like /scan -quick or /scan -full.

SAS does not support command line switches to start the scan. I had to automate by simulating mouse clicks.

The automation procedure is somewhat complex, because the application's GUI can change with an update and break the automation. I had to use methods that ensure the correct controls are clicked even if the window title or size changes, or the text of the control changes.

Now that you mention it, maybe I can add support for simulating mouse clicks in the <Run> command.

In the meantime, you have to find out if the applications you want to run support command line switches, and use them to automate. There is no other way available.

I'll keep you posted.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred