Open Chrome in windowed mode

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
MartijnH

Open Chrome in windowed mode

Post by MartijnH »

Hi forum,

I am trying to create a fully automatic cleaning script.
The part where I am stuck at is Google Chrome.
I use the Control Info Tool to click buttons etc. but in Google Chrome I have to use x and y coordinates.
The problem with this is that I use the script on PC's and laptops with different screen sizes, therefore the x and y coordinates are different.
Is there any way to open chrome in a fixed window mode using UVK?

Thanks in advance,
Martijn
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Open Chrome in windowed mode

Post by Fred »

Hi MartijnH.

The only thing that made it work for me was this:

Code: Select all

"%Programfiles(x86)%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --app="data:text/html,<html><body><script>window.moveTo(100,100);window.resizeTo(800,600);window.location='http://www.carifred.com';</script></body></html>"
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
MartijnH

Post by MartijnH »

Thanks for the quick response Fred!
Your script works fine indeed, the only problem for me is that the button to get into Chrome's settings is gone.
Is there a way to make that button stay? (I tried bypassing the button by changing the url to chrome://settings but that doesn't work.)

Thanks in advance,
Martijn
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Could not figure it out either. May I know why you want to open the settings page?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
MartijnH

Post by MartijnH »

Yes, I want to reset the start page to the default one and then open the extensions tab automatically.
Sorry for the late reaction..