New product idea

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Fredclaus

New product idea

Post by Fredclaus »

I don't know if this would be a feature in UVK or a stand-alone product. I have a client looking for an excellent tool to locate duplicate files on their computer. He'd like the ability to merge the files so that the differences in the two files are all together in one complete file. I told him there isn't a product that does this, but I am sure there is one that will show you where the duplicates are and give you the option to remove all but one each. This could be a good side project for Fred or someone else who is good at programming.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: New product idea

Post by Fred »

I thought of that a long ago, but since cCleaner already has that option and there are others, like dupeGuru, I just decided I'm not going to reinvent the wheel. Maybe I'll do it later when I have more time, now that everybody hates cCleaner...
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred