Automate new Malwarebytes UI

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
LuisMiguel

Automate new Malwarebytes UI

Post by LuisMiguel »

Hello, Malwarebytes has changed the UI, I am not able to automate it, any help would be appreciated.

Regards.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Automate new Malwarebytes UI

Post by Fred »

Hi Luis Miguel.

I know. I'm fixing the automation in the system repair section, and then I will update the MBAM's script in the script collection.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

That one was easy. It just needed a little adjustment in the second click's position.

Check out the new script.
http://www.carifred.com/uvkscriptcollec ... can_en.php

I was wondering, since you want to run several scans asyncronously, this topic gave me an idea.

You can actually run the builtin scans asycronously if you create an external script for each command.

Take this example:

Place all the scripts in the same directory as you have UVKPortable.exe. Can be a USB stick, so you can move it to the client's computer.

Script 1: MBAM.uvk

Code: Select all

<MBAMScan>
Script 2: SAS.uvk

<SASScan>
Script 3: TDSSKiller.uvk

<TDSSKillerScan>
Main script: Scans.uvk

<Run>
UVK_en.exe -ReadFile "%InstallSourceDir%\MBAM.uvk" -Auto
->Sleep(10000)
UVK_en.exe -ReadFile "%InstallSourceDir%\SAS.uvk" -Auto
->Sleep(10000)
UVK_en.exe -ReadFile "%InstallSourceDir%\TDSSKiller.uvk" -Auto
Then, just drag the Scans.uvk script over UVKPortable.exe, and you have asyncronous scans with 10 seconds interval.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel »

I will test it
Thank you
LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel »

Hello, for some reason doesnt work, I tried it on a clean windows 7 32b and 64b, the log:

"2015/03/24 12:10:04 Running UVK_en.exe -ReadFile "%InstallSourceDir%\SCRIPTS\MBAM.uvk" -Auto...
UVK_en.exe -ReadFile "C:\Users\YO\Desktop\tools\UVK\SCRIPTS\MBAM.uvk" -Auto was successfully started."

but dont do nothing
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that for MBAM to work you will need to use the latest beta. See the change log of the beta page for more info. The MBAM's automation is not working properly even in that beta, but I intend to upload a new stable version today.

http://www.carifred.com/uvk/beta

Fred
LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel »

With the beta version the external scripts (mbam.uvk) are called correctly, I will wait for the next beta version.

Regards.
LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel »

Fred wrote: I was wondering, since you want to run several scans asyncronously, this topic gave me an idea.

You can actually run the builtin scans asycronously if you create an external script for each command.

Take this example:

Place all the scripts in the same directory as you have UVKPortable.exe. Can be a USB stick, so you can move it to the client's computer.

Script 1: MBAM.uvk

<MBAMScan>
Script 2: SAS.uvk

<SASScan>
Script 3: TDSSKiller.uvk

<TDSSKillerScan>
Main script: Scans.uvk

<Run>
UVK_en.exe -ReadFile "%InstallSourceDir%\MBAM.uvk" -Auto
->Sleep(10000)
UVK_en.exe -ReadFile "%InstallSourceDir%\SAS.uvk" -Auto
->Sleep(10000)
UVK_en.exe -ReadFile "%InstallSourceDir%\TDSSKiller.uvk" -Auto
Then, just drag the Scans.uvk script over UVKPortable.exe, and you have asyncronous scans with 10 seconds interval.
Hi Fred, I have some time to try this, is exactly what I want, but isnt working fine, UVK popup with the unistall popup and some scripts doesnt work, can you teset this on latest version?

Regards.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Luis Miguel.

I will test it out later on today and let you know the news.

Fred