Quickbooks

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Charger440

Quickbooks

Post by Charger440 »

Hey Fred

Since Quickbooks is pretty common and very important to the people that use it, could you maybe add the quickbooks paths as exception in execute prevent by default?

Jim
Attachments
Quickbooks paths that execute blocks by default
Quickbooks paths that execute blocks by default
Quickbooks.png (115.61 KiB) Viewed 905 times
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Quickbooks

Post by Fred »

Hi Jim. From your list, I just added the Intuit, Google and Macromedia directories to the default exclusions list.

But please keep in mind that the more default exclusions I add, the less secure Execute prevent will be, because malware can hide in those directories.

The best way to use Execute prevent is:
  • Ensure the PC is malware/adware free.
    Enable the desired Execute prevent preset.
    Check the affected files and add them all to the exclusions list.
    Also add some of the affected files' parent directories to the exclusions, especially the ones that may have new files to exclude in the future.
This whole procedure only takes a few minutes and it is worth the hassle.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Re: Quickbooks

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

Thanks for adding those. However, all I was really interested in was Quickbooks. The other ones are no big deal. The way execute prevent works by default, they can not update the program, remote help does not work and they can not process credit cards.

I agree with you about keeping default exclusions to a minimum but I also think a program that important should be excluded by default. As for Google and Macromedia, no point in defaulting them really.

Jim
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"