New feature to deal with Superfish and the like

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
manwdaplan

New feature to deal with Superfish and the like

Post by manwdaplan »

Would be nice to have a system that checks the Root Certs on a machine. Or even opens the list of Certs on a System. Its pretty easy to do I know but this tool is all about making processes easier and I often use it to remind me what I still need to do. More info about this Cert thing can be found here

http://www.howtogeek.com/210265/downloa ... ng-adware/

Thanks I love this tool, I paid for a branded licence and its really the best purchase I have made for my computer repair shop.

Thanks Shawne
Fred
Site Admin

Re: New feature to deal with Superfish and the like

Post by Fred »

Hi Shawne.

Thanks for your suggestion. I added a new item to the "Enable and run" dropdown box in the "IT/Geek tools and tweaks" section, named "Certificate manager". It opens the Windows certificate manager.

I think Ultra adware killer should detect and remove those bad certificates. Let me know if there are some it doesn't.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Figured I'd dig this one up as the most relevant. This came up on my daily links today (also a HowToGeek page):
http://www.howtogeek.com/238765/how-to- ... indows-pc/

Having the Certification Manager in the Geek Tools is all well and good but that does require us to spend some time pouring through the list and to know what we're looking for.
Integrating Sysinternal's SigCheck into either UAK or the SR/scripting would save us a possible step, wouldn't it? I'm sure one could rig an SR fix to run it as a custom but built-in is nice, too.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OK, I'll add that one to the next update, since it is quite easy.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred