Kill all processes

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
FredJClaus

Kill all processes

Post by FredJClaus »

Sorry I've been away. I'm working on an article for the UVK program so I've been putting the program through its paces. There is one question I have since I don't have a virus to test it on. Let's say a person has one of those rouge antivirus programs that prevents access to everything including the web. I'lf I ran the Kill all non-essential proceses will it also shut off the virus blocking access?
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Kill all processes

Post by Fred »

Hi FredClaus.

Not sure where you got the Kill all non-essential proceses.

All documentation is in the Help pages.

Process manager:

Kill all non trusted / non signed / non critical / non system processes

Custom commands for UVK scripts:

<KillNonTrustedProcesses>
<KillNonSystemProcesses>
<KillNonCriticalProcesses>
<StopNonMsServices>

I just realized I didn't document an existing command: <KillNonSignedProcesses>. This one kills all processes whose files are not digitally signed.

System repair:

Fixes and third party apps list

Rogue executable files are usually not digitally signed, and are obviously not system protected files, so their processes should be killed by any of the options above.

Thanks for taking the time to write that article.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred