Tech tool store

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Tech tool store

Post by Fred »

Tech Tool Store was officially released.

Licensing is not available yet, but the online help is.

I will be working in the licensing system for the next few days, and will tell here when it is ready.

http://www.carifred.com/tech_tool_store/
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I selected Firefox and clicked Install/Update and it installed the Nightly version. You might look into this and see what's up.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Charger440 wrote:I selected Firefox and clicked Install/Update and it installed the Nightly version. You might look into this and see what's up.
Jim,

That's because you selected Firefox 64-bit. The only 64-bit version of FF I know of is Nightly. I'll update the tool's name and tooltip to inform that. You need to install Firefox (32-bit) if you want to install the common version.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Just wanted to inform you guys that 7-day trial licenses are now available for those who want to test the fully working TTS.

http://www.carifred.com/tech_tool_store/get_trial/

Real licenses will be available in a few days.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred wrote:
Charger440 wrote:I selected Firefox and clicked Install/Update and it installed the Nightly version. You might look into this and see what's up.
Jim,

That's because you selected Firefox 64-bit. The only 64-bit version of FF I know of is Nightly. I'll update the tool's name and tooltip to inform that. You need to install Firefox (32-bit) if you want to install the common version.
Yea, I forgot Firefox is behind on their memory addressing. You would think after what, 39 major builds they would have addressed that by now. Also not sure why any update is a major build to them either.
Jim

wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

What $$$USD are we looking at?
I use AUD, so just take the currency conversion into account.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

wrc559 wrote:What $$$USD are we looking at?
I use AUD, so just take the currency conversion into account.

I am anxious to see this as well.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey guys.

I for new licenses, it will be $30 USD, if including a 1-year license, $38 if including a 2-year license.

For license extending (renewal) it will be $10 for a 1-year extension, $18 for a 2-year extension.

So cheap you guys don't even need any discounts.

Fred
wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

Fred wrote:Hey guys.

I for new licenses, it will be $30 USD, if including a 1-year license, $38 if including a 2-year license.

For license extending (renewal) it will be $10 for a 1-year extension, $18 for a 2-year extension.

So cheap you guys don't even need any discounts.

Subscriptions... -.-

Okay, Gotta do what ya gotta do!
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I'm OK with some subscriptions. This one is plenty fair, might be a lil cheap even.

My issue is when you have a product that is pay pay the version and you all of a sudden charge 3 times the pay by the version price per year.

Fred had not done that and I can't see him doing that to his people so I'm not worried about the subscription on this and will be handing over my $38 as soon as it's available.
Jim

wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

Charger440 wrote:I'm OK with some subscriptions. This one is plenty fair, might be a lil cheap even.

My issue is when you have a product that is pay pay the version and you all of a sudden charge 3 times the pay by the version price per year.

Fred had not done that and I can't see him doing that to his people so I'm not worried about the subscription on this and will be handing over my $38 as soon as it's available.
Ill admit These prices are fair,
But I'd prefer to purchase a lifetime key at a higher bulk price then having to renew all the time.
My opinion only, prices are good just dislike the subscription business (even though im in it myself!)
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

A larger bulk payment is good for you and I but in order for developers, on the case Fred, to benefit long term, they have an interest in recurring revenue. Fred's asking price is fair in my opinion as long as he's happy with it and since he made the price I assume he is.

Not trying to say your wrong by any means wrc, I'm just saying add long as Fred's subscriptions are reasonable I will pay them gladly. I also make regular donations to him as well. I don't donate a lot by any means but I like to show Fred that I support his hard work.
Jim

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Guys,

I don’t care for subscriptions either and don’t use Tech tool store very often but will likely be buying a license to help support Fred. As far as pricing is concerned, it’s very fair. I’m very interested in what the premium version of UVK is going to bring to the table. :)

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Bill

Do you mean premium UAK? I am pretty interested too. Would love to have a sneak preview of what it will bring to the table.
Jim

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Jim,

Yes, that is what I meant. Nice catch. :)
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Bill

:lol:
Jim

wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

wmmiller wrote:Hi Jim,

Yes, that is what I meant. Nice catch. :)
Woah, so there will be a premium version of UAK, TechTools & UVK?
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Not UVK as far as I know. I just got my Uxk's mixed up. :lol:
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I don't like subscriptions either. Mostly because they give much more work to setup. But I learned the hard way that they are the best way to ensure the project will remain active and will pay for the work it will need in the future.

Tools like UVK and TTS need work constantly. We need to check and update the third party downloads, changes in the automation, remove tools that no longer exist and add new ones, etc.

But who will want to work in a project that no longer brings any benefits?

Anyway, I will add an option for purchasing a 5-year and a lifetime license.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

Do what works best for you but keep it fair. I know you will keep it fair, you have been very good about that.

Personal note, I will not buy the lifetime license. I feel you deserve support for the work you do and a lifetime payment goes away quick.

I will pay you the subscription price.
Jim