Tech tool store

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
wrc559

Re: Tech tool store

Post by wrc559 »

Charger440 wrote:Fred

Do what works best for you but keep it fair. I know you will keep it fair, you have been very good about that.

Personal note, I will not buy the lifetime license. I feel you deserve support for the work you do and a lifetime payment goes away quick.

I will pay you the subscription price.

Now you are making me feel bad. :(
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

No reason to feel bad, Jono. I understand that some people prefer the lifetime licenses, which is why I'm working to give them both options.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I don't mean to make anyone feel bad either. I'm just stating how I intend to purchase my license and why. Everyone has their own reasons and feelings.
Last edited by Charger440 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks Jim. I appreciate your help on the development my programs, really.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

The subscription model that’s been presented is fine with me. I also have the desire to help keep things going. Count me in. 8-)
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

I am part of the team, Sorry if I sounded selfish.
I'll be buying your programs... I hardly EVER by programs & even use forums, but I am addicted to carifred.com!
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

You didn’t sound selfish. I also said I didn’t care for subscriptions but I didn’t mean it was a deal breaker. It’s nice to hear what everyone thinks. That way it seems more ideas get kicked around and in the end things will hopefully end up better for all of us. :D
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

WRC. No one thinks any less of you, it's all good :) If you want to buy the lifetime license, I'm sure Fred will appreciate it. I have only heard Fred complain one time and I think it was well warranted, it was also not about pricing either. To me he seems genuinely happy that we buy his stuff to begin with. That is prolly the main thing I like about Fred. He is humble, he really enjoys us buying his stuff and he does not want to "force" us to buy it. WRC, you buy any license you want, it's completely cool, If Fred didn't like the payment option he wouldn't give it to you. Just FYI, though, I am willing to bet after UVK, all of his future tools will have subscription options for payment. Don't ask me why I think that, I don't think the details of why I think that is my place to discuss :)
Jim

wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

Charger440 wrote:WRC. No one thinks any less of you, it's all good :) If you want to buy the lifetime license, I'm sure Fred will appreciate it. I have only heard Fred complain one time and I think it was well warranted, it was also not about pricing either. To me he seems genuinely happy that we buy his stuff to begin with. That is prolly the main thing I like about Fred. He is humble, he really enjoys us buying his stuff and he does not want to "force" us to buy it. WRC, you buy any license you want, it's completely cool, If Fred didn't like the payment option he wouldn't give it to you. Just FYI, though, I am willing to bet after UVK, all of his future tools will have subscription options for payment. Don't ask me why I think that, I don't think the details of why I think that is my place to discuss :)

I don't doubt this. Nor do I disagree with it. I hope more users out there get a hold of his software. But come the day that our own customers are using it, due to its ability to fix everything... there goes our jobs ;)
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

The good part is, there are things in the "pro" version that can seriously jack up a computer if you don't know what your doing. I think there are average users that have found it but over all, I have no worries about people using it to put me out of work :)
Jim

Xander

Post by Xander »

Are we talking about the same customers who are afraid to let Windows update itself and leave Flash/Java/Reader outdated because something might go wrong?

I have no worries about any of my customers using tools like these.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey, guys.

TTS licenses are available. Just so you know. If you have trial days left, it's better for you to spend them first.

http://www.carifred.com/tech_tool_store/buy_license/

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Why is that Fred? A technical problem or you just want us to use our trial days?
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

No technical problem, Jim. It's just that the trial days left are not added to the validity of the license.

However, when extending an existing license, any days left from the previous license will be accounted.

Just in case you don't want to waste those days.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

OK I gotcha :)
Jim

wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

Anyway to Automate process uninstalls with Premium TTS?
IE. Run Ccleaner, Defraggler or Auslogics & then uninstall after process has completed.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jono, CCleaner does not need to uninstall, it's portable.

As for non-portable tools, no, that's not possible. I didn't want to make it that way for obvious reasons. The most valid point is that many tools need to reboot in order to complete their jobs (i.e. TDSSKiller or MBAM, if they find threats, they need to reboot to complete removal).

But you can select and uninstall several tools at once.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

wrc, you could make a separate entry that just runs an uninstall command but that's why, with rare exception, I only use portable tools.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

The only real way I see to do it is to have tts keep track of all your installs in a session and then present you with a list to uninstall. You could then choose from that list what you wanted to uninstall.

Not sure how helpful that would be though. It would also take a while to code.
Jim