Fred Claus

You want to tell us a little bit more about yourself? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
FredJClaus

Fred Claus

Post by FredJClaus »

First let me say, Yes, I am Santa's big brother (check out Fred Claus the movie if you don't know what I'm talking about).

I'm a Christian father of 3 from the Buffalo, NY area. My company Husky Logic is a residential brake/fix company, but we do some small/home businesses as well. In addition I am a certified Microsoft instructor and I do some adult education classes at the local high school.

My training in computers is from the School of hard knocks, but I did go to college and get a degree. I have one in Business, and one in Digital Forensics. Currently, I'm not doing much work in this field, but I hope to be doing consulting work for local law enforcment, Homeland Security, and the FBI. Right now because my brake/fix work, the forensics work I do is free of charge for local youth who are subjects of cyber bullying. Most of them delete the text messages because they are offensive. In order to go after the offenders, they call on me to extract the deleted messages from their phones.

what do all you guys do?
wmmiller

Re: Fred Claus

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred J,

It sounds like you have a lot going on. I have many medical issues so I mostly do stuff for family and friends to supplement disability income. I fix many things, mostly computers, automotive, and refrigeration. Before I started having medical problems I was erecting steel putting up overhead cranes and monorail systems. I do these things when I’m feeling well and can. That pretty much sums up what I’m up these days.

Bill

LOL on the Santa thing, I was wondering if you were related to him. :lol:
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Bill you should teach others. I had to put a new board in my dishwasher but it took a friend of mine to tell me which board was bad. Now my ice maker is broken in the freezer.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

You guys have busy lives.

I, like Bill, have done many things in life: Electrician, plumber, mechanic, timber man, computer tech, programmer an many others.

I've been fixing computers since a very long time ago. Can't remember exactly when I started. I used to create small tools to help me in the repairs, in c and C++.

About five years ago I decided to start creating real applications, in C++ and AutoIt.

I was born in Venezuela, but my parents were both Portuguese. They came back to Portugal permanently when I was 5 years old. Since then I studied and worked mostly in Portugal, but also had some temporary jobs in France, where I met my actual wife, who's French. That was back in 2009. Then we went back to Portugal and lived there for three years.

About three years ago we moved back to the south of France, where we live now. I created my company here, as a liberal professional, so I can do both programming and computer repairs. I only work at home, don't have any computer store or public workshop. I don't have many clients either, which is fine by me. If I had too much repair work, I wouldn't have enough time left for programming, which is what I like to do most.

Both fixing computers and programming are very compensating... and hard. Really love them both.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Like the other ones I have done many things as well. One of the reasons i started my repair business is because of all the things I have done.

I have driven trucks, worked fast food, been a fork truck operator, worked in shipping and receiving, worked on cars most of my life, been a programmer off and on, managed a software development team at a surveying company, worked in factories, worked in printers, worked in lumber yards, worked in sales, worked in customer service, worked in retail and various other adventures.

I am almost entirely self taught and enjoying learning new things when I have time.

I Was born in Texas and grew up in Tennessee. I met my wife online long before online dating was cool and now live in Missouri. Not a real big fan of Missouri but what can you do?

My business is mainly break/fix but I do have a couple business clients and am always looking for more as that is where the steady money is. With break/fix your always waiting on something to walk through the door. ith all the services I provide I do stay pretty busy.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim, UVK now creates one log per day. Use the "Open" button to open logs of previous days. The logs ontain the corresponding date in their names so it should be easy to find the desired one.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred was this post intended for my Feature request post? It seems kinda odd here on this one :)
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim, yes, I think I answered the wrong topic by mistake. Sorry about that. I copied my answer to the correct topic. I can delete these last messages here, if you like.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

LOL Fred. Not a big deal. We all get side tracked from time to time :)
Jim

FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Fred,

You are working too hard. You need to take some time off.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Not the best time to take holidays, Fred J. I'm just about to release a new UVK beta release :)

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

New betas are good! :)
Jim

FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Cool on the release. I can't wait to see it. With all you do for this product Fred, you really should think about changing the model to a yearly subscription.
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

We suppose we will accept a new release of UVK. :lol:
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Lol bill! You know we will. Depending on how much of the pending stuff had been added it could be a pretty good update. I know some really neat things are in the works.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I just finished the work on Ultra Adware killer and will now start working on the desktop watermark and info.

Jim, I thought adding all the info you requested to the desktop watermark could be a nice idea, and would leave the welcome screen untouched. What do you think?

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Sounds good to me Fred. We'll go with it and see how it works out :)
Jim

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Fred,

You’re like our crack dealer and UVK is our crack. We just can’t get enough. :lol:
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Lol
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Lol Bill! You ain't right but you ain't wrong either :D
Jim