Resetting browser homepage

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
FredJClaus

Resetting browser homepage

Post by FredJClaus »

This may already be in there but let me through it out there as it was an issue I ran into yesterday. I had a client computer that would not boot to the Internet. I would get a 404 server not found notice when it loaded. No matter what page I tried to type I would get the same message. My fix was to go I to Internet options and manually change the homepage to something like google.com. After rebooting the browser it worked fine.

The original homepage was something like google.com/heno-/Lwbeuy?! (Not exactly those letters) and it was all the extra stuff after the .com that was kickin me out. I ran the reset for IE but that did not seem to reset the homepage.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Resetting browser homepage

Post by Fred »

Fred,

If you want to reset the home page using the "Reset IE and internet settings fix", you must not check "Use unattended mode", and then check "Delete personal settings", in the "Reset internet settings" dialog box. If "Use unattended mode" is checked, UVK will not reset the home page, because it would be reset to MSN, and most users prefer google.

You can easily set the IE's home page in the "Autorun manager" section. That allows you to set the url you want, a blank page, or the "New tab" page.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred