Disable sleep mode when UVK is active

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
wmmiller

Disable sleep mode when UVK is active

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred,

Can you make it so that computer sleep mode is turned off whenever UVK is active or has an active application that was started with UVK? That would be the coolest.

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Re: Disable sleep mode when UVK is active

Post by Charger440 »

How about disable sleep/hibernate when UVK first starts then re-enable on uninstall? I like that idea Bill

Jim
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Jim,

That would be great. I was running a scan on a remote machine and forgot to disable it. I hate it when I do that. :roll:

Bill
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Bill

I've never had much use for sleep or hibernate myself. I know some people like and its supposed to be green and all but that is 2 options I disable quickly on my own computers.

Jim
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Good morning guys. I added a call to SetThreadExecutionState just after UVK is launched.

That should prevent the pc from entering sleep or turning off the display while the application is running.

I wouldn't want to permanently turn off Sleep/hibernation because there are many non tech users (actually more than techs) who have UVK permanently installed. And I'm sure they want to keep control of those features themselves.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

Cool, let's see how it works :)

Jim
Jim

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hi guys,

I didn’t want it turned off. I just don’t want the darn computer to go to sleep when UVK is working and then come back to find out it didn’t finish what I had it doing because it’s sleeping. It’s the remote computers that hose you on that. If it’s on the bench it’s not as big of a deal. I also do not like or use either. All my computers have it shut off. I like 24/7 access to all of them. Maybe it’s a control issue. ;) Sounds like a solved issue. Thanks Fred.

Bill