Third party app edit check box.

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
wmmiller

Third party app edit check box.

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred,

When setting up third party applications, there’s a check box that makes the application always checked. However, when editing a third party application there isn’t a way to change that. Can we get a check bot on the edit screen so that can be changed should one change their mind or like me, have no idea why certain applications aren’t checked anymore.

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Third party app edit check box.

Post by Fred »

Hi Bill. That checkbox still exists in the latest stable version.

However, I removed it in the current beta because of this bug, and because I don't see any use for it.

To save an app with the "checked" state, just check the corresponding check mark in the list before saving. Much easier and direct.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred,

I know you can do it when you set an app up, but somehow my apps that I had checked aren’t checked anymore and I wanted to recheck them without having to reenter them. I will just delete them and reenter the ones that should be checked. Not a huge deal, I just thought if the check box was there we could just re check them.

Bill
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Bill, I see what you mean. The new beta uses a different structure for the uvksr files. I had t do it that way to prevent the bug I linked to in the previous post, and to support the new features I'm adding to the System repair section.

You just need to check the apps you want, and export to the same uvksr file again.

Oh, I just remembered something. I'll send you a pm.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Wait: Are we talking about the same thing? I want this to always be checked. It somehow got unchecked. If I could just recheck it here instead of reentering it that would be the greatest!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (34.73 KiB) Viewed 3408 times
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Check that app in the main fixes list, and export to the same uvksr file. Then it will always be checked.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Got it! :)

Thanks Fred.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

You're welcome. Keep in mind that the new format is not fully compatible with the previous one. If you load the new uvksr file with the latest stable UVK, no third party apps will be selected either. I know this is somehow annoying, but it was the only way to allow further development of the third party apps.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I will keep that in mind. I was glad to see the new Notifications about new beta releases. I always download the beta versions to try them out, so being notified is nice. :D

Bill
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I like the beta notifications too :)
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"