[Solved] AdwCleaner automation

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
wmmiller

[Solved] AdwCleaner automation

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred,

Would it be possible to make AdwCleaner click OK, Ok on the two pop up screens after a scan? If it’s used on a remote computer and doesn’t reboot, remote connection is lost until the computer is rebooted. It would be great to be able to use this when working remotely.

Bill

It’s the two oks after the AdwCleaner – Closing programs pop up.
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Re: AdwCleaner automation

Post by Fred »

Hi Bill.

Nope, sorry but that's not possible. The reason why it is not possible is the same as the one why you loose your remote connection: adwCleaner kills all applications before proceeding with the cleanup operation, including UVK and your remote desktop application.

So, I would click OK in the AdwCleaner – Closing programs pop up, but I could not click OK in the next message boxes, because UVK would no longer be running then.

That is the main problem with adwCleaner. It doesn't give you much control over what you can do.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

PM sent
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Post follow up: AdwCleaner now works well with remote support.

Thanks Fred! :D
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

You're very welcome. Topic solved.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
zbmowrey

Re: [Solved] AdwCleaner automation

Post by zbmowrey »

I have to know about this. If it's not for public consumption, please PM me. I've been leaving adwcleaner unchecked for a very long time, and would love to know how/why it works now, or get confirmation that UVK's automation of adwcleaner no longer kills logmein sessions.
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I’m not exactly sure what Fred did to make it work, (Maybe Fred will chime in) but I know that it now works with SimpleHelp remote software and would bet it will work with logmein as well, but I’m not sure of that. It’s a great tool and I always left it unchecked as well because it killed remote support. I think the only way to know for sure is to test it on a computer that you or someone can reboot if need be.

Bill
zbmowrey

Post by zbmowrey »

Bill,

I've been looking into finding a remote platform for moonlighting use. My current employer uses LogMeIn Rescue and I'm very familiar with it. Is SimpleHelp a good platform for you?

The things I'm looking for in a platform are the usual - screen sharing, uac handling, file transfers, automatic reconnection after reboot, safe mode support, etc.

But on a business end, I need a manageable queue so I can see who's in line, for how long; also would like techs to be able to put customers back into the queue with notes so another tech can take over the work when available.

I know there's a free trial available and I'm going to check that out, but I just wanted your personal opinion - ever encountered any bugs with the software? Difficulties installing or running? ...things like that.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I’m using SimpleHelp self hosted on my own computer. I had it running for over two years on a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop running windows 7 x64. I was also running BulletProof FTP server on that same laptop at the same time as well as my own small time mail server and it worked just fine for my support needs. I’ve since upgraded to a desktop computer for all three programs and that is what I use today. Not a great computer, but not the laptop. Those are the only three programs I run on that computer. The programs run on the C drive and everything that can be is stored on other drives in the computer. I choose SimpleHelp because it is in my price range and there are no monthly fees. It can be running on a simple computer and I found that to be a great benefit. At this time I can only have three remote sessions, but that works well for me at this time. It’s easy to set up and get going although I’m not using the branding features as well as I could. I do have a static IP address that cost me $11.00/month from my ISP. I’m just a guy trying to supplement disability income so I don’t use it to its fullest. I do think it would work for you. I haven’t had any problems with it at all. As long as my server is running and I have an internet connection, it just works. All I can really tell you is to try it out and see what you think.

Bill