Enable/disable “God Mode”

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
wmmiller

Enable/disable “God Mode”

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred,
Can we get a toggle enable/disable in the IT/Geek tools and tweaks section for “God Mode”?
Might come in handy at times to quickly find what one needs as well as help learn where these setting are made.
Bill

One just needs to create a folder on maybe the desktop and type in or copy and paste the following as the name renaming the folder.

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Enable/disable “God Mode”

Post by Fred »

You have a God mode feature in the Enable and run combo, in the same section. Is that what you're looking for?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Oh man! I just never noticed that. Egg on face. :roll: :oops:

Is this in there too and I cant see it? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=724

Maybe I could use a brain transplant too. :lol:
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I guess I just missed that post. Sorry.

No, that one is not anywhere. Microsoft says the values in that key should be considered read only.

Not that I really care about what they say, but honestly I don't see any use in changing the pc owner or organization, since they are not displayed anywhere in the Windows interface. Or are they and I don't know?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Thanks for your reply Fred,

I think it shows up when you install office. I haven’t installed it for a while. What made me think of it was the local fire department bought a new computer and sold their old one to the township. I got a call from a township board member asking me if I could change who the computer was registered too because it still had the fire departments name. I didn’t ask how they knew that, but just went and changed it for them. I also always change it when I sell a used computer just because I’m a bit anal that way. So, I guess other than that it was just a thought that was fresh in my head.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Now that you mention it, I remember MS office setup displays those values.

Even though it is weir that they get them directly from the registry, where anyone can easily change them.

Can you imagine a user's reaction if you change the pc owner to "MickeySoft Corp"? :)

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

That’s funny. I dose open a whole new set of possibilities. Hehe! :lol:
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Yeah, I can think of a few funny ones too... :D

Fred