Registry backup naming

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
wmmiller

Registry backup naming

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred,

I really like the registry back up in feature, especially the restore feature. Can you make it so we can give the backup a name? That would be really nice. I like to do a registry backup before trying some things and sometime end up making several backups throughout the day and sometimes in an hour or so. I think (at least for me) it would make it easier to find the correct backup using a naming scheme. Thanks for your consideration and hard work. I hope all is well. :)

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Registry backup naming

Post by Fred »

Sorry Bill, when I made this new forum I forgot to start following it, and I didn't receive any notifications.

Naming the registry backups is a good idea. I will see what I can come up with. I've been super busy with the new beta I've just released. Care to give it a try?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred,
“When I made this new forum I forgot to start following it.” That’s kind of funny, nobody’s perfect. :lol: I told my wife on Monday that I was worried something may have happened to you because you’re always right on top of things. I’m glad you’re fine.

I’m going to download the new Bata and play with it. I’m in the hospital so only have my Dell 1018 Mini to mess with, but I’ll play with it more when I get home in a day or so. I had a little heart scare, but all is fine and I’m back on my feet. Thanks Fred! :D
Bill
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Bill. I'm glad you recovered from the heart scare. Be careful with those things.

I added the registry backup naming and the lock screen enable/disable to the new beta I've just released.

I'll have to leave the wlan profiles for the next update, because I'm not sure of how I should do it. You can easily delete them all from a script with your command.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Fred,
Thank you for Bata v5.9.3.0 and implementing these new features. It is appreciated. :D
Bill