UVK HELP

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
gls9000

UVK HELP

Post by gls9000 »

>-- Sorry this may not be the place for this, If so kindly please delete or move it to where it might belong. >--

I was wondering if we can do something about the HELP menu button for Licensed users, I mean we already know where to go for help I just don't want my customers to use the help button and realize that they don't need my repair services if they can download and use the tool for free themselves.

Maybe we can take the help button off only on the branded version of UVK. I hope you might consider it if not oh well, I have to figure a way to just keep it away from customers.

Thanks,
Ernesto
Fred
Site Admin

Re: UVK HELP

Post by Fred »

Hi Ernesto.

I will make the help buttons link to the same url as the logo, which is defined when users purchase the branding license.

Merry christmas.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Hello Fred,
Can our company logo go on the System repair settings file (.uvksr) instead of UVK branding?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Rob. I'm not sure of what you mean. Can you please explain better?

Thanks.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Hey Fred,

When you start the UVK program and select "run script" and look down where you see several icon like Import Commands from file.

The icon that states UVK Create a script, can our company logo or "DCR" go there instead of the UVK. (Also when we create a script)
thanks
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Oh, I see... OK, I will try to brand the default icon for .uvksr and .uvk files, and replace the UVK script icon with a thumbnail of the branding logo.

Fred
gls9000

Post by gls9000 »

Fred wrote:Hi Ernesto.

I will make the help buttons link to the same url as the logo, which is defined when users purchase the branding license.

Merry christmas.

That's even a better Idea..

Thanks,
gls9000

Post by gls9000 »

Fred wrote:Oh, I see... OK, I will try to brand the default icon for .uvksr and .uvk files, and replace the UVK script icon with a thumbnail of the branding logo.
Also when it automatically installs from the portable version, it creates a folder under program files with "UVK" instead of the company name in the license credentials. Not sure, If the password credential set to run UVK will work as I don't have that running at this time.

Good Job!, Hope these changes will encourage more computer techs to purchase the branding license..

Thanks,
Ernesto
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Hello Fred,
I just want to let you know that everything is working great with the latest beta version.

Thanks