MBAM download fails

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
randall

MBAM download fails

Post by randall »

Great program! Thanks for all the hard work and for making the program available.

When trying to run the Malwarebytes part of the Automatic scans there is a failure due to unable to download the setup file.

I have tried manually DLing mbam-setup.exe and putting it in the UVK folder but still get the same error.

What file name is used by the program to call MBAM from C:\Program Files\UVK ?

edit:
I found the file name in the logfile analyzer: MBAMScan

but after renaming mbam-setup.exe to MBAMScan.exe the download error still occurs.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: MBAM download fails

Post by Fred »

Hi randall, welcome to the forums.

The file name is MbamSetup.exe. You can also install Mbam manually and UVK will no longer try to download.

I've just tested on Windows 7 and Xp. It downloads fine.

It's maybe worth to try the following fixes:
  • Reset the hosts file and DNS
    Reset IP, winsock and proxy
    Reset IE and Internet settings
    Reset the group policies
    Reset and fix the windows firewall
However, I had the same issue once in a virtual machine. I run all the fixes above, and for some reason, it still didn't want to download Mbam.

Maybe if I try to download from several locations? Do you happen to know of updated download locations?

The download url must not change when the product updates. I only found one.

Thanks
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
randall93

Post by randall93 »

Its working on one of my XP VMs now but not the other.
I put the mbam-setup.exe in the UVK folder and renamed it MbamSetup.exe and when the download fails the setup still doesn't run.
Disable XP firewall and same. Not sure what's going on with that but its working on one VM. I reinstalled UVK but still the same.

The problem must be with that particular VM.

I also noticed that on the VM that ran the MBAM scan that there was no info in the UVK log other that the system info.
The file log.txt in C:\Program Files\UVK does not show any other entries such as scans or results.
But the MBAM and TDSSKiller logs show up fine in the folder on the desktop.
It seems that log.txt is only created when starting UVK fresh. If running a scan from an already open UVK the file is not created/updated.

I'll try to figure out what is wrong with the one XPVM that's having trouble.

I have another Download link for MBAM and will PM it to you.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

The log.txt file in the install dir only holds the results of the fixes and repair actions. It doesn't record information about the third party scans.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred