WAU Manager -- no notifications?

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Xander

WAU Manager -- no notifications?

Post by Xander »

The 'quietest' option is "Show Notifications Only" but how about a completely-silent option?

Oh, and since MS puts out most updates on the second Tuesday of the month, could that be some kind of an option in the scheduling? I could set it for this coming Tuesday (2nd of month) but if I set the Repeat to 30 days, eventually, that's going to get out of sync. In the Task Scheduler, it can be set to the second Tuesday....

Incidentally, I'm leaving this program on all my client's PCs: https://github.com/Fredrik81/Reboot-Dialog
It's tiny, customizable, and nags them to reboot after updates are installed (or after two weeks without a reboot).
So, if an out-of-cycle update comes out, it'll still trigger the nag.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: WAU Manager -- no notifications?

Post by Fred »

Thanks Xander, I will consider your suggestions on the next update. The reason why I did not add a more silent option is that you can remove the notifications from WAU manager from the Windows Settings applet. That and the fact that they are non-intrusive notifications.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred