[Solved] reset and fix Windows Firewall

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
robertgu

[Solved] reset and fix Windows Firewall

Post by robertgu »

Hello Fred,

The UVK reset and fix Windows Firewall does not work and when I tried to turn on the firewall manually i'm getting this error message(Security Center can't turn on windowsa firewall. )

thanks
Fred
Site Admin

Re: reset and fix Windows Firewall

Post by Fred »

Hi Rob. Are you using the System immunization? If so, please un-immunize all areas and try again.

If not, please post some more info. Windows version? Architecture? Maybe post a UVK log?

Thanks.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Working ok on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit
Just thought I would chime in and let you guys know that its working ok for me.

By the way, nice new features and look Fred. I haven’t had time to mess with it much, but I have faith that it will work wonderfully. Thank you for your hard work on UVK. :D
Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Bill. Thanks. What do you guys think of the new look of the website? Honestly, please. Do you think it got better?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I personally like it myself. I like the softer colors. The organization is nice too.

Nice touch here.
Attachments
Fred UVK.PNG
Fred UVK.PNG (15.76 KiB) Viewed 5224 times
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Hello Fred, I did as you said with no luck. I also attach an UVK report
thanks

error message Windows firewall can not be displayed because the associated service is not running. do you want to start the Windows firewall service? Click YES NO

Hi Rob. Are you using the System immunization? If so, please un-immunize all areas and try again.

If not, please post some more info. Windows version? Architecture? Maybe post a UVK log?

Thanks.
Attachments
robertgu repair tool Log.zip
here u go
(47.47 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

@Rob

According to Microsoft, your issue is caused because the Windows firewall service (MpsSvc) does not have permissions to start itself.

UVK has a fix for this issue: Fix local group access. I suggest you run it from the System repair section, or from the Run script section with the command <FixGroupAccess>. Restart the machine.

If the fix does not solve your problem, please run the Microsoft fix in the following article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2271812

Please report back whether you managed to fix the issue, and how.

@Bill

Thanks. I'm glad someone likes the new website look. It took me a few days to setup.

Fred
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

[quote="Fred"]@Rob

According to Microsoft, your issue is caused because the Windows firewall service (MpsSvc) does not have permissions to start itself.

UVK has a fix for this issue: Fix local group access. I suggest you run it from the System repair section, or from the Run script section with the command <FixGroupAccess>. Restart the machine.

If the fix does not solve your problem, please run the Microsoft fix in the following article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2271812

Please report back whether you managed to fix the issue, and how.

Ok Fred, I selected and ran Microsoft Fix localGroupAccess
reboot my computer
Windows Security alert icon pop back up (When I press the icon: Windows Firewall is off)
I Ran fixit and reboot my computer and firewall is still disable.

Thanks
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hello Rob.

Please save the attached script to your desktop and run it by double-clicking it.
Robertgu.uvk
(4.49 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
UVK will be automatically launched, click Run / Fix listed and confirm to run the script.

The system will be rebooted after the script's execution.

Please report back after the reboot.

Thanks.

Fred

Fred
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Fred wrote:Hello Rob.

Please save the attached script to your desktop and run it by double-clicking it.
Robertgu.uvk
UVK will be automatically launched, click Run / Fix listed and confirm to run the script.

The system will be rebooted after the script's execution.

Please report back after the reboot.

Thanks.

Fred
:D :D :D :D :D :P :P
Fred, you got everthing working now. u r the best

Fred do have any how to video on Youtube? (uvk tool)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Rob. Glad we could fix the issue.

I already installed camtasia in my development machine, but I've been leaking the time to make the videos. I will try so make a few next week.

Topic solved.

Fred
robertgu

Re: [Solved] reset and fix Windows Firewall

Post by robertgu »

Fred, That is great news to my little ears. :geek:

I would like to put in a request, if I may "How to video" Scan and create a log to find where the infection could be.

Please Teach Me :arrow: how to be a :geek: like you.

Thanks
Rob (Newbie)