Bata 5.5.1.0

Use this forum to place comments about UVK.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
wmmiller

Bata 5.5.1.0

Post by wmmiller »

Thanks for the updated version Fred. :D Everything seems to work just fine. The reboot in safe mode is a nice addition for sure. I’m not so sure about the tada beep though. I think I would prefer a plain old beep. Too many tada’s in a row doesn’t sound right to me. However, given some time I may get used to it and I’m willing to give it a go for a while before I decide I really don’t like it. I know that’s a bit petty maybe. Sorry for that. Keep up the great work you’re doing.
Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Bata 5.5.1.0

Post by Fred »

Hi Bill. I just updated a new beta. I like the tada. You don't need to play many times. For instance why don't you play once after each fix, and twice in the end of the script?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Thanks Fred,
Looking back. I left out some information on why I think I like the beep better. I have a 32x40 garage and I built small 10x12 room in it that I do computer stuff in. In the other section of the garage I have a 10,000 lb. automotive hoist and do some automobile/stuff repair when I’m feeling well enough. Anyway, I may set a script to run and go out of the computer room leaving the door open a crack to work on something else. Usually the radio is on in the garage section so I don’t hear the tada because it just kind of blends in. Where the beep doesn’t blend in so much and it grabs my ear better. That’s what I should have said.
Bill
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Ok, I understand that the tada sound can get mixed up with the radio sounds easier than a beep.

So, to keep everybody happy:

The default sound when using just <Beep> will be one instance of the tada wave sound.

If specified a positive value after <Beep> the tada wave sound will be played that number of times. i.e. <Beep>2 will play the tada sound twice.

If specified a negative value, or the tada.wav does not exist, UVK will beep (1000 hertz) that number of times converted to a positive value. i.e <Beep>-3 will beep three times.

Is that Ok with you?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hello Fred,
That would be so super! Sorry to have made this a pain in the butt for you. I really do appreciate it. :D
Bill
mickybee

Post by mickybee »

guys what program are you refering to ie Bata 5.5.1.0
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

mickybee wrote:guys what program are you refering to ie Bata 5.5.1.0
Hi mickybee. This is a very old topic, which referred to UVK 5.5.1.0 beta.

Fred
mickybee

Post by mickybee »

oh thank you fred