TechToolStore.exe /UpdateSilent

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
ACS

TechToolStore.exe /UpdateSilent

Post by ACS »

**Mod(s) can you please move this to feature requests? Sorry about that**

Hello,
First I'd like to say thanks Fred for the great software you have provided over the years. I use almost all of your tools for something!

I had purchased a license for Tech Tool Store almost a year ago and I love what it does but I have been struggling to come up with a way to update all the tools on an automated basis. I wanted to run a task from the Task Scheduler but it seems like the command "TechToolStore.exe /Update: "Selection" /AutoClose" is not really silent. In other words it opens the GUI and downloads the software. I was hoping to run this on a weekly or monthly basis to make sure my software is up to date on my NAS.

I tried to open the command prompt in that path (from a mapped drive in Windows) and I ran this command "TechToolStore.exe /Update: "Selection" /AutoClose" and it opens the GUI to run the updates. This is good but it would awesome if it could just hide the GUI, update the programs and then close. It might be useful to include a report for this in the reports section as well.

Thanks for your time and please let me know if there is a work around or something that I am just missing. :)
Fred
Site Admin

Re: TechToolStore.exe /UpdateSilent

Post by Fred »

Hi ACS.

Topic moved to "Feature requests", as you asked.

That's an interesting request. I'll add a /Quiet switch to meet your needs.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
ACS

Post by ACS »

Thanks so much for the super quick response. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. That sounds fantastic! :) I cannot wait to give it a shot!
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

It is already working in version 5.2.1
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred