[Solved] SimplySync Mapped Network Drive not showing as choice

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
wmmiller

[Solved] SimplySync Mapped Network Drive not showing as choice

Post by wmmiller »

HI Fred,

I have a Windows 10 Pro 64bit machine. Trying to create a backup plan using SimplySync and put it on a mapped network drive. It’s not showing up when I browse for it. What am I missing? It also does not show up under network.

Bill
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (8.16 KiB) Viewed 9172 times
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (20.93 KiB) Viewed 9172 times
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
wmmiller

Re: SimplySync Mapped Network Drive not showing as choice

Post by wmmiller »

I figured this out. :D

\\HP-SERVER\Data Share\Share (Destination)
Fred
Site Admin

Re: [Solved] SimplySync Mapped Network Drive not showing as choice

Post by Fred »

Hi Bill.

Glad you figured it out. Have a nice day!
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Thanks Fred,

Lying in bed unable to sleep and was thinking. I did solve my problem but really didn’t solve why that mapped drive only show up as it does and why I can’t browse to it. I only found the working path.

Long story short, I installed it on someone’s computer who recently lost everything because windows wouldn’t boot. Few if any steps were taken to recover windows and no steps at getting the data off was made before windows was reinstalled. Some very important estimates, job bids and emails were lost. I want him to see how SimplySync works telling him that he really needs a licensed copy so things can be automatically backed up. He’s liking the idea since he freely admits he would unlikely to be adamant about running a backups.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

If the network location is in a Windows machine, you can try running the Fix this PC not visible in the network UVK fix in that machine.

At some point Windows 10 started hiding the computers from the network, but they were still accessible if we manually entered their network path. I added that fix for that situation and it worked in every machine I used it, so it may work for that machine too.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I did run that fix and just tried it again just to be sure. I’ve only been to their new building once and honestly have no idea where that data share is coming from.
These guys recently bought out another business and suddenly went from around 10 employees to over 50. I had no idea if they (the new business) had an IT guy. As it turns out, there is one guy that knows some stuff but I really don’t know how much. I’m hoping to start helping them more starting with making sure the computers are being backed up.