[Solved]SmartInstaller White/Black List Not Syncing

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
allanc

[Solved]SmartInstaller White/Black List Not Syncing

Post by allanc »

The symptoms from this viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1628&p=7641&hilit=whitelist#p7641 thread of Feb. 2017 have just resurfaced.
I have re-read the prior thread and do not remember how we resolved the issue.
Sorry.
Allan C.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: SmartInstaller White/Black List Not Syncing

Post by Fred »

Allan, I took the liberty to test using your license and could not reproduce your issue so far. I added and removed items to both the white and black lists, they had been correctly synced. I'll run some more tests and keep you up to date with the results.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
allanc

Post by allanc »

Fred wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:59 pm Allan, I took the liberty to test using your license and could not reproduce your issue so far. I added and removed items to both the white and black lists, they had been correctly synced. I'll run some more tests and keep you up to date with the results.
By the way, In my post that started this thread, I linked to another post of mine with exactly the same symptom.
I do not think that you could replicate the problem back then either.
I do not remember how you resolved the issue and the original thread was not updated with the resolution.

I am having another problem which may be related and might assist you in the diagnosis.
I cannot edit any of the items that I created in the System Repair module.
The menu lists 'Edit Highlighted App'' but it is disabled.
I hope that this helps.

One last thing is that when I click the 'X' in the top right hand corner, I am not prompted to uninstall UVK.

Perhaps these are all connected - I do not know.

Thanks Fred!
Allan C.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Allan,

Please try the following:
  • From UVK's Smart Uninstaller, uninstall your Proven solutions repair tool, but when prompted to make a clean uninstall, click Yes.
  • Download the latest UVKPortable.exe to the usual location.
  • Place your key.uvkey license file in the same location.
  • If you have a UVKSettings.ini file in the same location, move it to a different folder (important).
  • Launch UVKPortable.exe, and when prompted to enable cloudsync, click No.
  • Go to the Options section and set your desired settings, such as the running password.
  • Then, click the Cloud Sync button and then, first of all, click the first Upload now button from the top.
  • Set the desired cloudsync options and then click OK, I'm done.
If this does not solve your issue, then it is probably related to your machine, I may need to remote again in order to diagnose the problem.

P.S. As for the custom third party apps issue, there is no SR_Settings cloud synced so I could not test. You may need to upload your settings first.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
allanc

Post by allanc »

Fred wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:47 am Allan,

• From UVK's Smart Uninstaller, uninstall your Proven solutions repair tool, but when prompted to make a clean uninstall, click Yes.
  • If you have a UVKSettings.ini file in the same location, move it to a different folder (important).
  • Go to the Options section and set your desired settings, such as the running password.
  • Then, click the Cloud Sync button and then, first of all, click the first Upload now button from the top.
If this does not solve your issue, then it is probably related to your machine, I may need to remote again in order to diagnose the problem.

P.S. As for the custom third party apps issue, there is no SR_Settings cloud synced so I could not test. You may need to upload your settings first.
Unfortunately, your steps above did not resolve my issues.
Thank you for trying.
Allan C.
allanc

Post by allanc »

allanc wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:46 pm
Fred wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:47 am Allan,

Unfortunately, your steps above did not resolve my issues.
Thank you for trying.

EDIT:
I also tried the steps above on another computer with the same results.
Allan C.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Allan, please let me know your availability and timezone, so we can schedule a remote session.

Thanks

Fred
allanc

Post by allanc »

Fred wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 pm Allan, please let me know your availability and timezone, so we can schedule a remote session.

Thanks
Eastern Time Zone (Toronto Canada - like New York) - It is 1 pm now.
I will be available at 2 pm.
If you want to use TV (like last time) I will need your pm address.
Tks.
Allan C.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OK for 2 pm. You can send me private messages here in the forum or to fred( AT )carifred.com. We can also use TrustViewer instead. It's free even for non commercial use. http://www.trustviewer.com/en
If we do use trustviewer, it's better if you install it in the target machine, and not use the portable version, which does not work well with the UAC.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Allan I've got both Teamviewer and Trustviewer ready. Waiting for your PM with the authorization code.

Fred
allanc

Post by allanc »

Fred wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:58 pm Allan I've got both Teamviewer and Trustviewer ready. Waiting for your PM with the authorization code.
Hello Fred,

Do you think that you may have the opportunity to update the site with a new build by this weekend?

Thank you in advance.
Allan C.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

allanc wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:42 am Hello Fred,

Do you think that you may have the opportunity to update the site with a new build by this weekend?

Thank you in advance.
Of course. I've been adding a new checkbox in the Options section that allows us to manually enable/disable the uninstall prompt when the application is closed. I will try to upload the new build today.

Fred
allanc

Post by allanc »

Fred wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:25 pm
allanc wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:42 am Hello Fred,

Thank you in advance.
Of course. I've been adding a new checkbox in the Options section that allows us to manually enable/disable the uninstall prompt when the application is closed. I will try to upload the new build today.
Thank you.
Great service!
Allan C.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

This topic has been solved and a new update was released. The main issue was that a bug was preventing CloudSync from uploading files.

Also, thanks to a different issue reported by Allan, I added a check box to control whether to display a dialog box asking you if you want to uninstall UVK, when you close its last running instance.

I also created a new topic that allows you guys to get notifications when a new build is available. This was requested by Allan, too.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2046&p=8720#p8720

Fred
allanc

Post by allanc »

Thank You Fred.
Allan C.