Technician license

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Technician license

Post by Charger440 »

I'm still trying to justify the price on the tech license.

You claim we can use that to get a license typed to the computer for each customer. I know you sell to end users and I respect that. But, I don't sell to end users. I was wanting a version that could be installed with no icons.

Right now I am struggling with whether or not to buy 45 licenses.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Technician license

Post by Fred »

Hi Jim. You never asked for no icons before, as far as I can remember, but you don't need to buy an extra license for that. UVKPortable never creates a start menu entry. The desktop icon can be removed and the setting can be exported to UVKSettings.ini and cloudsync.

The uninstall entry can be easily removed with a SR custom third party app, and the install folder can be easily hidden with the same app. I can help with that if you need.

As previously mentioned, I needed to generate more sales, and when some people asked me how they could leave UVK installed in the customers computers, I decided to go with the tech license idea.

I sell to everyone who wants to buy, as does any software vendor.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred