Different Title and company name in Branding License

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Muhammad Tasneem

Different Title and company name in Branding License

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

Hi Fred,

Actually it is not the new feature request but still it is a request.

Can we/you add the different Title name (other than company name) in branding license?

I can explain in detail:
As shown in page https://www.carifred.com/uvk/custom_label/branding.php.
The option no. 5 and 2 can be different.

As the branding license tied with Company name, logo and URL.
I just request you to add the different or same Title Name also.

for example, In page https://www.carifred.com/uvk/custom_label/sample.php there are three options available.
1- LOGO
2-Company Name
3- URL

Just request to add
4- Title Name (with or without Repair Tool)

Normally the company name is different than the app's name like Company name Carifred but apps name UVK, Tech Tool Store, Ultra Adware Killer, SimplySync Backup etc.

I hope you can consider it.

Thanks a lot in advance
Muhammad Tasneem

Re: Different Title and company name in Branding License

Fred, any chance for this request..??
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

The problem here lies on UVKSetup or UVKPortable. The start menu and uninstall entry entries are created by the packages, so they need to know the way you want it. I will add an option like "Don't append 'Repair Tool' to my company name when branding the application". That option will need to be exported to UVKSettings.ini and cloudsynced for the changes to take effect.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

Add an option "Don't append 'Repair Tool' to my Title name (not company name) when branding the application" is good but the important thing to change the title name (other than company name) like I said

Title Name = UVK - Ultra Virus Killer
Company Name = Carifred

In my case:
Title Name = [App Name] Repair Tool
Company Name = [Company Name]
Last edited by Muhammad Tasneem on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand what you mean. Do you want to change the company name associated with your license?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

Fred wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:20 pm I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand what you mean. Do you want to change the company name associated with your license?
I just need an option to change the title name.
either it is define in UVKSettings.ini or attached/fix with branding license.
Last edited by Muhammad Tasneem on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I think the best is to change the company name attached with your license to Mukammal Networks.

This way the lower link would show Mukammal Networks and the title bar/shortcut would show Mukammal Networks Repair Tool. That would be enabled instantly, without the need to change the application.

Let me know if that works for you and I will do it ASAP.

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

Ya, This is the last solution I can take but what if I want Mukammal Repair Tool in Title or something else.

If there is any chance to change the tile (define in UVKSettings.ini is good option), please consider it.

Thanks in advance
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

With the current AV misjudgments surrounding UVK, might I suggest you not allow changing the application name from the INI? Not sure if it will matter but I'm just imagining the possible names UVK could have that you would not be able to control..
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Muhammad Tasneem

Charger440 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:02 am With the current AV misjudgments surrounding UVK, might I suggest you not allow changing the application name from the INI? Not sure if it will matter but I'm just imagining the possible names UVK could have that you would not be able to control..
If they want misjudged UVK, they always do, no matter how UVK clean.

We will not change the exe name, only title name for branding license. It is an another feature only available in branding incense
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Muhammad Tasneem wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:38 am
Charger440 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:02 am With the current AV misjudgments surrounding UVK, might I suggest you not allow changing the application name from the INI? Not sure if it will matter but I'm just imagining the possible names UVK could have that you would not be able to control..
If they want misjudged UVK, they always do, no matter how UVK clean.

We will not change the exe name, only title name for branding license. It is an another feature only available in branding incense
I'm not saying you would but I am suggesting people might do that if given the chance. It was only a suggestion. The way it is implemented is completely up to Fred.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Muhammad Tasneem

Charger440 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:02 am I'm not saying you would but I am suggesting people might do that if given the chance. It was only a suggestion. The way it is implemented is completely up to Fred.
I agree with you :D 👍
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Muhammad, I'm changing the name associated with your license now. Do you prefer Mukammal Networks Repair Tool or just Mukammal Repair Tool?

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

Fred wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:30 am Muhammad, I'm changing the name associated with your license now. Do you prefer Mukammal Networks Repair Tool or just Mukammal Repair Tool?

Please check PM.