Announcement: Plugin and Automation System for PCRT

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
TechnoEXPRESS

Announcement: Plugin and Automation System for PCRT

Post by TechnoEXPRESS »

Now there is an way to expand PCRT well beyond it's current state. It's an modular pluggable application building system. You will be able to easily integrate any third party system to work within PCRT interface, leverage your current customer base, offer new services using open source technologies, and stream line operations.

Installation is copying files to server, run setup, two clicks, no manual code editing, all automated.
* The modifications to code will be done using `sed`.
* The modifications are insertions of placeholder tags in 9 files, similar to how wordpress functions. In fact, one of the cores, is the heart of how wordpress works.

A few screen shoots.
Side icon menu toggle, adding full screen usage

New menu, Plugin management area, and plugins can easily be added to PCRT menu

third party applications integrated

Google Voice Plugin

Task Scheduler Plugin

Setup files

The introductory price is $179. Includes an few currently working plugins pictured. 1 year of free updates and basis email support.
https://www.totaas.com/download/papps-i ... r-for-pcrt

The system works with version 4.1 with no issues. The modification necessary applies to version 2.2 and 3.3, since i have those, i can test. It seems from some posting here, that version 5 should have no issue. However, i don't have, but will support, make whatever adjustments necessary to get working on that version also.

The immediate aim is to get to the feature level that RepairShopr offers. In comparisons, the biggest feature RepairShopr has is the automation, and the tie in with third parties. The task scheduler plugin app here, gets you all the automation you need. I will be adding more presets, but the system can already be setup to execute any function call if need be.

I am still thinking on final price structure, just core, with future plugins priced separate. The introductory price is an bundle will end up double by end of summer and not be offered as a bundle.

The idea for creating this system came into existent right before PCRT v4 became final. I realize then that PCRT updates are more of UI changes. And I will need to create an system to interact with other products as RepairShopr does and can continue to be able to offer.
reggaemanu

Re: Announcement: Plugin and Automation System for PCRT

Post by reggaemanu »

Why in the hell are you posting this here and not on pcrt forum?
And your plugin system is more expensive than pcrt itself so that's pretty foolish ^^
TechnoEXPRESS

Post by TechnoEXPRESS »

It is posted there. I figure others here might want to know, there are forum posting here about the product. The product author have not added things that will let it grow, go beyond it's current state.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

This topic was reported as SPAM. I tend to agree with that since the topic was duplicated and is presented as an advertisement. Unless someone finds it interesting, I'll delete it in a day or two.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

OK, Here is my two cents. First off, Kudos on the keyboard time. Now comes the bad part.
1) I'm not sure what your plug in does.
2) The image presentation is lacking in visibility and professionalism
3) The Price point is higher than the host application
4) PCRT needs a whole new platform, not just plugins to compete with RepairShopr
5) Not entirely sure why you posted here. Are you wanting beta testers? Are you wanting us to tell you final price point? It's really not clear.

If you clean up your presentation, figure out a more realistic price point and describe better how your plug in is supposed to improve PCRT, I know there are PCRT users here that would be happy to evaluate it and see what merits it has.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Charger440 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:38 am If you clean up your presentation, figure out a more realistic price point and describe better how your plug in is supposed to improve PCRT, I know there are PCRT users here that would be happy to evaluate it and see what merits it has.
Well, even if he clean up everything nobody would be able to evaluate it since it's for pcrt v4 while actual version is v6.2.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

reggaemanu wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:19 pm
Charger440 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:38 am If you clean up your presentation, figure out a more realistic price point and describe better how your plug in is supposed to improve PCRT, I know there are PCRT users here that would be happy to evaluate it and see what merits it has.
Well, even if he clean up everything nobody would be able to evaluate it since it's for pcrt v4 while actual version is v6.2.
I thought he was still on v5. I'll have to look at it again by I don't it compares over all to repairshopr although it would be nice if it did.
Jim

TechnoEXPRESS

Post by TechnoEXPRESS »

OK, Here is my two cents. First off, Kudos on the keyboard time. Now comes the bad part.
1) I'm not sure what your plug in does.
2) The image presentation is lacking in visibility and professionalism
3) The Price point is higher than the host application
4) PCRT needs a whole new platform, not just plugins to compete with RepairShopr
5) Not entirely sure why you posted here. Are you wanting beta testers? Are you wanting us to tell you final price point? It's really not clear.

If you clean up your presentation, figure out a more realistic price point and describe better how your plug in is supposed to improve PCRT, I know there are PCRT users here that would be happy to evaluate it and see what merits it has.
1. What needs to be fully understood is that your current PCRT installation will be modified to an point where the system can be expanded on, with the addon it can do everything RepairShopr said it integrates with and automates. If you understand how wordpress works then it's the same type of system, placeholder tags where code is acted on.

3. My original purchase of PCRT, i thought from the videos it did the same as RepairShopr. It does some but it's an manual process. The features that the current plugins offer will be do every RepairShopr integrates and automates, i'm working on the quickbooks, an ifixit popup repair guide. There will be an plugin for everything RepairShopr has. The price is an one time charge for the bundle. Have you see RepairShopr pricing, one year at lowest price point?

4. Yes, you will end up with "LIKE" a whole new platform of PCRT, however, any feature you might want, can be added without modding or messing with the code. If you find an need to update original PCRT, I don't see why though, the modifications can be reapplied. My background/schooling is an programmer who is making an living doing repair work. If something is available doing what i need, no need to reinvent. I needed the features RepairShopr offered and when PCRT v4 came out, i realize the author not able, or don't have the know how to implement. His updates are UI changes mostly.

RepairShopr has there own plugin system that is not shared!

I was running an retail storefront, 6 days an week, for past 8 years and using paper and pen to manage, 3 years ago, i found RepairShopr listening to pod casts, used for 4 months and again listening to pod casts, and some forums, heard of PCRT. With area competition and other business decisions, i have now ended up downsizing to just an weekend booth. I been using the my system over an year, I just finished up some integration issues, the reason now for the posting.

The main part is the core which does the modifications and allow the plugins to function under PCRT, and the plugins needs to be seen as really standalone applications.

Maybe i need your understanding of what an plugins means? This is an system designed with the ability to expand as you need to expand.

If anyone needs an demo, pm, i give access to demo installation of running versions of v2 v3 v4.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I'll look at a demo of it. I am currently NOT using PCRR though. You are right that repairshopr is vastly more expensive but it offers features PCRT just can't touch.
Jim

TechnoEXPRESS

Post by TechnoEXPRESS »

This system is for someone that's already has, using, or plan on getting PCRT, and want an feature set that RepairShopr offers, and thought PCRT had it already or would be able to offer. My purchase of PCRT could be seen as an mistake, this system corrects that.

If one can see the overall benefits of an PCRT purchase or an RepairShopr plan, then the price is justified, plus the price is an introductory, meaning it should be more.

I can give an demo still, but don't see how it would be beneficial to you, not having used PCRT.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

TechnoEXPRESS wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:50 am This system is for someone that's already has, using, or plan on getting PCRT, and want an feature set that RepairShopr offers, and thought PCRT had it already or would be able to offer. My purchase of PCRT could be seen as an mistake, this system corrects that.

If one can see the overall benefits of an PCRT purchase or an RepairShopr plan, then the price is justified, plus the price is an introductory, meaning it should be more.

I can give an demo still, but don't see how it would be beneficial to you, not having used PCRT.
You seem to be making a lot of presumptions. In particular, the one about not having used PCRT. Not only have I used it, I have spent time modding it it as well. Now, do you have a demo of your plug-in on PCRT or not?
Jim

TechnoEXPRESS

Post by TechnoEXPRESS »

I am currently NOT using PCRR though
Well my bad, i figured the statement meant something else.
I am pm you the links and access code for v2 v3 and v4 installations.

The Apps have there own access controls base on an commination of PCRT permissions. They where changed for these installations.
You will be starting/looking at the system after modification install has been applied and finish.
You will need to goto Plugin Management area activate an App. If you have an google voice account you could enter and remove after testing.
There are 3 preset systems task scheduler that needs setting, that is where the automations begins.