Promote UVK to download sites?

Use this forum to place comments about UVK.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Littlebits

Promote UVK to download sites?

Post by Littlebits »

Howdy Fred, I was just wondering why don't you submit UVK to download sites like Softpedia, MajorGeeks and DownloadCrew?

UVK is one excellent tool that many users don't even know exists because it is not promoted.

Good day Fred,

Littlebits :D
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Promote UVK to download sites?

Post by Fred »

I knew you'd ask that question :).

I did it last week for a few sites. cnet accepted it (nice), brothersoft added it automatically, I didn't even need to ask.

Softpedia and softonic refused it. Softpedia said it was because two crap av programs I never heard of identified UVK as a trojan.

I put the download mirrors in the UVK's welcome page.

http://www.carifred.com/uvk/

I'll try a few more sites next week.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Littlebits

Post by Littlebits »

Cnet Download.com is an ok site, but Softpedia and MajorGeeks are the best. Snapfiles and DownloadCrew are also very good download sites.
I personally don't like BrotherSoft because they harvest malware infected downloads.

I would find out what AV software detected UVK and complaint to them to remove detection. Was it the installer or other parts of UVK that got detected?

Don't give up with Softpedia, I would keep trying and demand that they get this corrected.

Current installer- https://www.virustotal.com/file/f6edbeb ... /analysis/

Current portable- https://www.virustotal.com/file/b428f3c ... 330819896/

Current portable.com- https://www.virustotal.com/file/dcb95eb ... 330820082/

Looks like the problem is Antiy-AVL (AVLSDK@antiy.net & Cooperation@antiy.net) and VBA32 (support-en@anti-virus.by & Development department: +375 17 290 59 29).

Start sending emails to them and tell them to remove your product from detection.

I just gave UVK 5 star rating on Cnet download.com. :D

Good day. :)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks Littlebits, I mailed them both.

I think softpedia should not pay atention to these obvious false positives. I don't even know if anyone uses these AV's anyway.

Even though you say softpedia and majorgeeks are the best, cnet has the highest rank in this list.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I wonder what the heck is Trojan.Autoit.Wirus. Does it detect all AutoIt written software as trojans? :?:

Do you know how I can find the majorgeeks submission form?

Fred
Littlebits

Post by Littlebits »

Fred wrote:Thanks Littlebits, I mailed them both.

I think softpedia should not pay atention to these obvious false positives. I don't even know if anyone uses these AV's anyway.

Even though you say softpedia and majorgeeks are the best, cnet has the highest rank in this list.
Download.com may have a higher rank, but it is less trusted by many users because they use download wrappers with adware.

Did you know if you are not log on to download.com and try to download UVK, your get Cnet's installer with bundled adware? You have to be logged on to get the direct link. Might want to tell Cnet you don't want your product in their download wrapper package.

MajorGeeks file submissions: mgnews@majorgeeks.com

I'm glad your emailed them after they remove UVK, try to submit to Softpedia again.

Trojan.Autoit.Wirus- http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/trojan_ ... t_bn.shtml

UVK is probably detected because it can download the other tools from the web like Hitman Pro, MBAM, SuperAntiSpyware portable, etc.

Good day Fred :D
MattyUSA

Post by MattyUSA »

Did you know if you are not log on to download.com and try to download UVK, your get Cnet's installer with bundled adware?
Wow, I did not know that. I haven't used download.com, but I can not say that I will now.

Matt