Programs that are ad supported

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
reghacker

Programs that are ad supported

Post by reghacker »

Does UVK list valid programs that are ad-supported?

All my Ashampoo programs are listed to be deleted.

My Anvir Task Manager has a check in the box for deletion under AutoStart. This is a great application.

All my Home & Search pages are checked for removal under Internet Explorer. I have 5 home pages when I start Internet explorer. Also my Capture Saver is checked for removal as well. This is also a great program.

Under Malware, my Anvir Task Manager is checked for deletion.

As I've gone through all the tabs, I see no reason for any checked boxes in any tab.

I see no reason to continue to use this program.

Does anyone have any comments on this?
Valid Programs
Valid Programs
UVK Errors.jpg (73.97 KiB) Viewed 2863 times
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Programs that are ad supported

Post by Fred »

Hi RegHacker. Sorry about the Ashampoo programs. They are listed by mistake. I will remove them soon.

You can whitelist those items if you do not want them to be listed anymore. Items listed in the Malware tab are there because they have more than 8% of positive detections on VirusTotal.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Hi RegHacker

The over all point of UAK is to remove all the junk and extra programs. There programs that we all consider different things. In your case, you like all these programs and that's ok. Me, on the other hand, I would consider every program in that list of yours to be extra to say the least. Fred has already given you the official answer but you ask if anyone had thoughts on it so I thought I would offer mine.

No hard hard feelings, just offering my two cents on the issue.

Hope you continue to use the software, I think you will find it works quite well for it's purpose.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hi guys,

I believe I would agree with Jim on this. Things have a rating on VirusTotal for a reason.

Fred,

Is the VirusTotal threshold going to be changed to 9% now? How hard would it be to make that percentage user selectable? Just throwing out a couple numbers. For instance, 3% to 15%.

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Bill, 9% is the threshold for UAK's malware detections. UAK's definitions database is created based on that threshold value. Not related with UVK's threshold, which defaults to 6 AV detections (equals to 10% - 12%, depending on the number of engines used (50 - 60)
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Ok. Thanks Fred. Just thinking out loud again. ☺
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Xander

Post by Xander »

Isn't this what the Whitelist option is for?
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

The white list would be perfect for sobbing this issue.

Once whitelisted, UAK would never again try to remove RegHackers favorite programs and since he/she likes the programs, chances are would not want to remove them from other systems either.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"