[Solved] Computer running after virus removal

This forum is intended to help the users to disinfect their computers.
Essexboy

Re: Computer running after virus removal

Post by Essexboy »

OK no problem on that driver I will get it another way and it is currently inactive

If you could run FSS I will check the registry out for your net and security settings
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Essexboy wrote:OK no problem on that driver I will get it another way and it is currently inactive

If you could run FSS I will check the registry out for your net and security settings
Ok Essexboy, please view the attached fss log. Thanks
FSS.txt3-3-12.zip
(734 Bytes) Downloaded 889 times
Essexboy

Post by Essexboy »

OK that looks good how is the system behaving now ?
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Essexboy wrote:OK that looks good how is the system behaving now ?
Essexboy, so far the computer running pretty smoothly right now, I'll wait and see if anything comes up and report back to you.

Once again thanks for the help
Essexboy

Post by Essexboy »

Just delete the FSS tool from the desktop, there are no installed files
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi guys, do you want me to mark this topic as Solved?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Essexboy

Post by Essexboy »

If robertgu is happy then so am I 8-)
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Fred wrote:Hi guys, do you want me to mark this topic as Solved?
Fred, that ok with me, the only issue I'm having right now is this error code (trojanproxy:js/banker. k error code) that MSE is picking up as a threat.
computer still running aok. thanks guys
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Does MSE say the location of the file?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Fred, when I get home I'll check to see if mse give me a location.thanks
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

robertgu wrote:Fred, when I get home I'll check to see if mse give me a location.thanks
Fred this what I see in the history log. thanks
Attachments
Doc1.zip
mse log
(147.82 KiB) Downloaded 777 times
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks, Robert. Can you please host another UVK log? Here are the instructions:

Open UVK and click Scan and create log.

Click Start scan.

Wait until the scan ends. The results will be saved to a file named UVKlog.txt on the desktop. the file will automatically be opened with the Log analyzer.

Close the Log analyzer. Zip the UVKlog.txt file in your desktop and host the zip as an attachment.

Thanks.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Robert. I've just analyzed your previous log and found some things you should remove.

Please download the attached zip. It contains a UVK script. Extract it to your desktop and double-click it. UVK will be launched, and the contents of the script will be loaded. Uncheck Create restore point and check Empty temporary folders.

Remember to save all your work. The script will kill all non essential processes and reboot the computer in the end. Click Run/Fix listed.

The script may take a while to complete, because it will also defrag your drives. So, maybe you should have a cup of tea while it runs.

The computer will then reboot. Please verify if there are no more MSE trojan warnings, and the performance has increased.

You may then post the new log anyway.

Thanks.
RobertGu.zip
(587 Bytes) Downloaded 766 times

Fred
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Fred wrote:Hi Robert. I've just analyzed your previous log and found some things you should remove.

Please download the attached zip. It contains a UVK script. Extract it to your desktop and double-click it. UVK will be launched, and the contents of the script will be loaded. Uncheck Create restore point and check Empty temporary folders.

Remember to save all your work. The script will kill all non essential processes and reboot the computer in the end. Click Run/Fix listed.

The script may take a while to complete, because it will also defrag your drives. So, maybe you should have a cup of tea while it runs.

The computer will then reboot. Please verify if there are no more MSE trojan warnings, and the performance has increased.

You may then post the new log anyway.

Thanks.
The attachment RobertGu.zip is no longer available
Hey Fred,
I was not able run the script that you provided for me, this is the error code I'm getting now. Line 7700 cfile:\programfiles\uvk\uvk_en.ex error subscript used with non-array variable.
Attachments
ERROR 7700.zip
error log
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 871 times
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Sorry. It seems the Stop all non MS services feature had a bug. Don't know how I missed that one. I'll fix it today and release a new build.

We don't need to use it anyway, since the services we're going to delete are already stopped.

Thanks for the report. Here's your new script:
RobertGu.zip
(576 Bytes) Downloaded 768 times
Don't forget to save all your work before running it.

Fred
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Fred wrote:Sorry. It seems the Stop all non MS services feature had a bug. Don't know how I missed that one. I'll fix it today and release a new build.

We don't need to use it anyway, since the services we're going to delete are already stopped.

Thanks for the report. Here's your new script:
The attachment RobertGu.zip is no longer available
Don't forget to save all your work before running it.

Fred, so far this error (Trojanproxy) is not poping up. I also provided you with the latest log
Attachments
UVKlog.zip
uvk log
(42.6 KiB) Downloaded 739 times
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Robertgu, Thanks for the log.

It seems clean. Here's another script. This one will restore a system file missing (hidserv.dll) and cleanup some log files in your C: root.
RobertGu.zip
(606 Bytes) Downloaded 775 times
After you run this script, please go to the Scan and create log section, un-check Recent files, click the small text box under Custom to clear it, and paste the following code:

Code: Select all

<Reg>
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify
Please ensure that Recent files is un-checked and Custom is checked. Click Start scan. This log will take less time to generate because UVK will not search for the recent files. It will probably be our last log, since I think your system is clean now. Please zip and attach the log.

Thanks.

Fred
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Fred, for the last two days I didn't get any trojanproxy:js/banker. k errors and the computer is running great. thanks
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Ok, Glad we could help. Topic solved.

Fred