Smart Uninstaller Not Syncing White/Black List

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
allanc

Smart Uninstaller Not Syncing White/Black List

Post by allanc »

Running version 10.3.4.0.
I think that the Smart Uninstaller does not appear to be syncing the white/black list to the cloud.
Here are the steps that I follow:
1. Run UVKPortable - allow autosync and checkmark 'enable auto sync of settings from the cloud' and 'enable auto cloud sync of whitelist'. Then 'OK I am done'.
2. Go into Smart Uninstaller and either white or black list an entry. In my case - I am testing with 'Speed Fan'.
3. Go to white/black list manager and the entry is listed correctly.
4. Go to home > Smart Installer > white/black list manager. Entry is listed correctly.
5. Go to Options > Cloud Sync > Upload now (second button from top) and upload now button beside 'Smart Uninstaller's white/black list'. Both appear to upload. Click 'OK, I am done'.
5. Exit app selecting uninstall.
6. Start app and white/black list seems to be retained correctly.

The problem, I think, is caused when I run a batch file that is supposed to simulate what my computer would look like before running UVK on a new client.
Basically, it deletes some directories, some files from the desktop and some registry entries (see below).
Then it copies a clean backup into place.
Then:
1. I start UVKPortable as in step 1 above
2. Smart Uninstaller > white/black list manager
3. The white/black list have not synced from the cloud.

Thank you for your assistance.
Partial code from the reset batch file follows:

Code: Select all

rd /s /q "C:\programdata\UVK\" > nul
rd /s /q "C:\program files\UVK - Ultra Virus Killer" > nul
rd /s /q "C:\psi\TTS\" > nul
rd /s /q "C:\psi\UVK\" > nul

@cd %Userprofile%\desktop\
@del /q "Proven Solutions Inc. Repair Tool Report*.ht*" > nul
@del /q "System Info.htm*" > nul
@del /q "Proven Solutions Inc. Repair Tool.lnk" > nul
@del /q "C:\users\public\desktop\Proven Solutions Inc. Repair Tool.lnk" > nul

cd c:\psi
xcopy c:\psi\uvkbackup\*.* c:\psi\ /e

cd c:\
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\UVK - Ultra virus killer backups" /f
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\UVK - Ultra virus killer" /f

Allan C.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Smart Uninstaller Not Syncing White/Black List

Post by Fred »

Hi Allan.

Thanks for reporting this bug. I've already fixed it, will release a new update soon.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
allanc

Post by allanc »

Thank you for the update.
I always worry that *I am missing something* and that I am reporting a non-issue.
Allan C.
allanc

Post by allanc »

I just upgraded to version 10.3.5.0.
It appears (to me) that the issue with the Smart Uninstaller's BlackList not being synced with the cloud continues.
I have the same issue when whitelisting the same program (SpeedFan).
Is there anything that I can do to assist in debugging this issue?
Allan C.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Allan. Because it was working fine for me, I took the liberty to test using your license, and worked fine again. Here's what I did:
  1. Placed your license in the same folder as UVKPortable.exe.
  2. Launched UVKPortable, which installed and then asked me if I wanted to cloudsync. I clicked Yes.
  3. I selected the 1st and 3rd check boxes in cloudsync's window, and clicked OK, I'm done.
  4. The home section showed up, I clicked Smart uninstaller. Added three programs to the list.
  5. Went back to home and again to Smart Uninstaller.
  6. The whitelisted programs were hidden, and they showed up in the Whitelist manager.
  7. I removed the application completely as your batch does.
  8. Launched UVKPortable again, which then asked me if I wanted to cloudsync. I clicked Yes.
  9. I selected the 1st and 3rd check boxes in cloudsync's window, and clicked OK, I'm done.
  10. The home section showed up, I clicked Smart uninstaller. The three programs were still in the list.
If you're willing to let me remote again, please send me your TeamViewer id and pass by private message. I'm usually always available until 9pm.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
allanc

Post by allanc »

I will send TeamViewer info in a couple of minutes.
Allan C.