System Repair > Save Settings > Supposed to Remember Order

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
allanc

System Repair > Save Settings > Supposed to Remember Order

Post by allanc »

As the subject says I am having a problem with the 'Save Settings' of System Repair.
The issue has to do with the Third Part Builtin Apps in a settings that I have named '1000_AntiMalware_Standard.uvksr'.
In my example, I have check marked 'AdwCleaner Scan', 'Kaspersky TDSSKiller Scan' and 'Rogue Killer Scan'.
I have ordered them to the top of the Third Party Builtin Apps in the order mentioned above.
I click on 'Save Settings'.
If I now go back to Home > System Repair > Load Settings > '1000_AntiMalware_Standard.uvksr' ...
The three apps are checked marked and their order and placement at the top of the group may or may not be correct.
However, if I save the '1000_AntiMalware_Standard.uvksr' and restore it back I get:
Check marks OK
The order of the Third Party Builtin Apps is as per original and three chosen apps are not at the top of the list.
I hope that this makes sense.
Allan C.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: System Repair > Save Settings > Supposed to Remember Order

Post by Fred »

Hey Allan. I will look up into this issue ASAP.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
allanc

Post by allanc »

Thank you.
Please let me know if you need screenshots or additional details.
Allan C.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OK, I checked it out, it worked fine for me, except for one thing: duplicates. Each group can not have more than one item with the same name.

In the current build, you are allowed to move the same fix/app to the top apps and fixes group several times, but only one of them is saved, and the check state of the last one is used.

That's because of the nature of INI files, which can not, obviously have more than one key with the same name, and in the same group. So what I'm doing is prevent adding items to the top if they are already there.

Thanks again for the bug report, Allan.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
allanc

Post by allanc »

Fred wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:07 pm OK, I checked it out, it worked fine for me, except for one thing: duplicates. Each group can not have more than one item with the same name.

In the current build, you are allowed to move the same fix/app to the top apps and fixes group several times, but only one of them is saved, and the check state of the last one is used.

That's because of the nature of INI files, which can not, obviously have more than one key with the same name, and in the same group. So what I'm doing is prevent adding items to the top if they are already there.

Thanks again for the bug report, Allan.
I am not sure if you have found another bug or have actually found mine :)
This is due to my just beginning to use this s/w.
Please see 2 attachments.

The 'Before' is before I click on 'Save Settings.
You can see I have selected 3 of the built in Third Part Apps, moved them to the top of *that group*
and reordered them.
They do not exist twice anywhere in the group.

The 'After' attachment is after I have saved settings, gone back to home, clicked on system repair and loaded the settings for anti-malware.
As you can see - the same three are selected in Third Party Builtin Apps but their order has reverted back to the original before my tweaking.

Is this the bug that you are referring to?
Attachments
before.jpg
before.jpg (74.03 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
After.jpg
After.jpg (70.65 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
Allan C.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Oh, I see. The order in the built in third party apps group is hard-coded. I'm just allowing you to temporarily order them because I though it would be convenient.

If you want them to stay ordered you will need to move those to the top apps and fixes group. I'm beginning to think that maybe I should not allow to move those apps in order to prevent this type of confusion.

Fred
allanc

Post by allanc »

Oops!
Well, it is my fault.
I apologize.
I did not remember reading about that temporary ordering in the docs.
I think that a temporary reordering is a great idea and might even be necessary under certain conditions.
I would recommend that you leave it as is.
Perhaps a gentle short reminder on the side (if there is room) that the reordering within the group is temporary.
I also think a permanent reordering is necessary and now that I see how to do it I will modify my settings as needed.
Thank you for the explanation.
Allan C.