Immunization bug

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Immunization bug

Post by Charger440 »

The stand alone app is not showing immunization set. It has shown the same behavior on several computers so I think it is a bug.
Immunization not working.png
Immunization not working.png (25.09 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Immunization bug

Post by Fred »

Hi Jim.
Thanks for the bug report. If no areas are immunized when UVK is uninstalled, that is the expected behavior. We agreed this feature was intended to allow the customer itself to temporarily disable the Immunization features that were left enabled. That is why it says "Not set".

For instance, if you immunize even just the HOSTS file, which I think everybody should, the Disable link will be available.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred,

I know that. However, for the last couple weeks I have selected "recommended" and set the immunization yet the stand alone still claims it's not set. Actually, it seems as though uvk it's self upon a second run also claims this but I know for sure the stand alone app is recognizing the immunization.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim. it's working fine for me, all UVK versions, (portable, setup and standalone). I'll have Bruno test it further to see we can reproduce it.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I just tried it 2 more times on my bench computer and it did the same thing.

The Stand alone app says immunization is not set and running UVK a second time "confirms"that it is not set.

It would be really helpful if someone else had this issue so we had something to compare it too.....
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Update: I finally managed to reproduce and fix this bug.

Cause: The uninstaller was deleting the Immunized string value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UVK - Ultra virus killer\Immunization. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue because we need to let it uninstall for it to happen.

Sorry about that, Jim. It'll be fixed soon.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

It's all good. I'm glad you found it and I wasn't crazy :)
Jim