Reports.zip not open

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Muhammad Tasneem

Reports.zip not open

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

I have tried only two times. few days before and few months before but both times the I can't able to open .zip file. It says file unknown file or damaged archive.

I am using winRAR to open it.

Fred
Site Admin

Re: Reports.zip not open

Post by Fred »

Hey Muhammad. Thanks for reporting. Does the ZIP file open with the Windows file explorer instead of WinRar?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

No, it doesn't, not even in Winrar, 7z and windows explorer.
Muhammad Tasneem

Also, I have just tried the old version 8.0.8.0 on windows 10 but does not recieved the reports yet!!!
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Muhammad, can you please send me the ZIP file via PM? That may help me to figure this out. Thanks.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

Fred wrote:Muhammad, can you please send me the ZIP file via PM? That may help me to figure this out. Thanks.
Just send it.
Muhammad Tasneem wrote:Also, I have just tried the old version 8.0.8.0 on windows 10 but does not receive the reports yet!!!
version 8.0.8.0 reports received (approx after 2 hours) and open without any problem.
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

I had a similar problem some times ago and reported it.
The problem was that I used two fixes that reset the firewall in my Sr procedure so after if I wasn't there to accept the upload the file was just created on the ftp but never uploaded so it was corrupted. (file size 0ko)
Muhammad Tasneem

Yesterday I have installed v.0.8.0 on that system and generate the report. which was also not open...

It seems the problem with that specific system... hmmmm
the reports which were not open sized approx 9KB but from the other system it was 25KB.

Where you suggest to check on pc??? or reset settings???
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

The ZIP file was overwritten with all zeros. probably by some email filtering or Antivirus software. Can you please try in safe mode, and disabling any email filter or AV software? Thanks.

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

There is no email app installed on that system.
MBAM v1.8 and Microsoft security essential works as security App.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Microsoft security essentials? I thought you said it was a Windows 10 machine. Using so old versions of MBAM is not recommended.

Anyway, if you don't want to try safe mode, you can try reinstalling Windows, or repairing it, SFC, DISM, register system DLLs, etc. The reporting feature works fine, that's for sure, because it is working for me and many other people. Let me know if it helps.

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

On windows 10 (office PC) it was working fine....
that specific PC has windows 7 at the moment (previously it was windows 10). I will check it in safe mode but when I reach there (may be after evening)