Autorun.uvksr

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Xander

Autorun.uvksr

Post by Xander »

How about if UVK looked for an Autorun.uvksr file on its startup and, if present, ran it the first time UVK started on that system (max once per day so it's not running on reboots)? I run a basic cleanup of just about anything that hits the workbench so, as a 'value added' service, I'd like to throw a few commands at it automatically.
Charger440

Re: Autorun.uvksr

Post by Charger440 »

If you mean a one off time, that is what the scripts are for already. If you mean leaving it on the computer for the customer to take home, I think that is already in the works.....

Or, did I miss the point all together?
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey guys.

I can add a new tab in the options section to allow scheduling a maintenance script or UVKSR file.

Might as well check out if the system booster's auto schedule dialog fills out your needs.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Fred wrote:Hey guys.
I can add a new tab in the options section to allow scheduling a maintenance script or UVKSR file.
Might as well check out if the system booster's auto schedule dialog fills out your needs.
Double-checked in case I'd misread what it offers but that seems to be strictly for when you're leaving UVK on a system and want to run it on a schedule, as opposed to running a few key commands anytime UVK starts up (like when run from USB/NAS.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Xander wrote: Double-checked in case I'd misread what it offers but that seems to be strictly for when you're leaving UVK on a system and want to run it on a schedule, as opposed to running a few key commands anytime UVK starts up (like when run from USB/NAS.
I understand, but you can do that by simply dropping the UVKSR file over UVKPortable. Or did I miss something?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

No, that's pretty much what I've been doing. As with most of my steps, I'm just looking to see if there might be a more efficient route to doing the same thing.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

A simple solution to Xander request would be to just add an autorun script option so that people can add any startup parameters they want and then you won't have to worry about what to put in it too make everyone happy.

I see value in that and think it would be a good option. That other software had it but it didn't allow control over it. You were stuck with whatever he thought you needed to do.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I agree, Jim. That's about what I suggested earlier. I'll try to remember that when I start coding this.

Fred