Cloud Sync - Prompt during close if something has changed

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
ajgyomber

Cloud Sync - Prompt during close if something has changed

Post by ajgyomber »

Fred,

Let me start out by saying thank you for adding this feature. I'm not sure if our email exchanged prompted the development of it but it seems to come about right after so I'm happy regardless. It has really pushed us to adopt using UVK in my company.

I do find the usage to be a little strange when it comes to uploading. I would love to have an option that simply would prompt when closing UVK that changes to whitelists, blacklists, scripts, etc. where detected and do you want to upload to the cloud.

Here is what I think will happen without this feature -- a technician will run the portable version on a client computer and use it to remove software or malware and tweak various settings during remediation of the problem based on new information. They will then close the application once it is resolved and those changes will simply be lost because they forgot to manually upload the changes. A prompt before closing would be a great reminder to upload the changes (or not) so that are other technicians can benefit from their experience.

I would also love to see some version control and the ability to roll-back a change.

Thanks,
AJ
Charger440

Re: Cloud Sync - Prompt during close if something has changed

Post by Charger440 »

AJ

From what I understand about your post, selecting "Enable automatic syncing of setting TO the cloud" May solve your issue.

If I am not understanding what you mean, I apologize.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
ajgyomber

Re: Cloud Sync - Prompt during close if something has changed

Post by ajgyomber »

Essentially, I want automatic but ask first and possibly display what changes will be made.