Smart uninstaller white/black list manager functionality

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
ajgyomber

Smart uninstaller white/black list manager functionality

Post by ajgyomber »

We are still figuring out all the features of UVK but I think it would be more logical to move the whitelist/blacklist manager to a button in the top menu to make it more apparent and user-friendly. This functionality is not tided to the programs list at all.

With that in mind, I find the functionality strange. I can delete stuff from the whitelists and blacklists but what I need is the ability to move items between them.

I accidentally whitelisted some stuff I wanted to blacklist if memory serves me correctly and I want to move them to the blacklist is impossible. This feature would be very handy!

Thanks,
AJ
Xander

Re: Smart uninstaller white/black list manager functionality

Post by Xander »

ajgyomber wrote:I accidentally whitelisted some stuff I wanted to blacklist if memory serves me correctly and I want to move them to the blacklist is impossible. This feature would be very handy!
I've done the same but would settle for a "toggle selected" button in the Manager window.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

FYI: Version 9.6.5.4 has a Toggle selected button.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Nice. Thanks, Fred. I checked a couple that were mislabeled and hit the Toggle but it only did the one that was highlighted. That's alright but can I suggest the wording be "Toggle Highlighted" to save confusion?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Xander, It's in the tooltip. I'll rename the button in the next update, though.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
ajgyomber

Post by ajgyomber »

Fred, thanks for adding the feature!
ajgyomber

Post by ajgyomber »

Fred, a couple of other tweaks that would be nice...

- Not allow for duplicated entries
- Alphabetize program list

Thanks,
AJ
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Duplicated entries may appear when adding to the list, but they are automatically removed afterwards.
Alphabetical sorting can be easily achieved by clicking the column headers. I will make it automatically sort on load, though.

Fred