Stats in status bar

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Charger440

Stats in status bar

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

Do you think we could add quick stats to the title bar maybe?

CPU Type and Speed, amount of ram and size of hard drive.

I just sometimes want to be reminded of what's in a computer quickly. Especially when I don't need to the desktop sticker.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Stats in status bar

Post by Fred »

Hi Jim.

In my laptop it would make this:

Home - Ultra Virus Killer [Intel(R) Core(TM) I3 CPU M 330 @2.13GHz - 8GB RAM - 232 GB (HDD0)]

I think it wouldn't fit all in the title bar, especially if using the branding license, could make something like this:

Home - A lengthy company name repair tool [Intel(R) Core(TM) I3 CPU M 330 @2.13GHz - 8GB RAM - 232 GB (HDD0)]

So, what do you think? Should this display in all sections, or just the Home section?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Isn't this what the watermark is for?
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Xander, Not exactly. The watermark does tell you all that. But it's meant more for marking the PC than it is quick info.

You can Windows+Pause to to get stats. but that does not quickly tell you hard drive size. You can do to "Computer" and it will tell you Hard drive size but not CPU and Memory.

It just seems like it would be helpful in some cases to have basic info in the title bar of the main section.

Like "Core i5 4th, 8GB, 750GB"
Jim

Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

More of a suggestion.... I know you were concerned about space in the title bar. How about Removing the words "CPU," "RAM" and HDD. With only those three specs it should be self explanatory, especially to anyone with basic knowledge and free up more room while still serving the purpose.

It works fine now as it is, just a suggestion to save screen real-estate in-case it's need for something else.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I guess I could remove the CPU and RAM parts, but the HDD is useful, as it tells whether the system drive is SSD.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

That's a good point. Like I said, You don't really have to remove the other stuff, I just thought it might free up more room for you. The way it is now, it does give the basics and I like it :)
Jim