Couple quick issues

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Couple quick issues

Post by Charger440 »

In the reporting section, instead of FTP Otions: (Date uploaded), it says FTP Options (Date Uploaded): Seems like a minor typo.

The double system info I mentioned earlier.... I opened the zip file and it seems as though there are two Systeminfo.html files in the zip file. That would account for the double file.

In the generated system Info file, ever since the beta it has been linking the sections like pointing CPU info to Intel etc.... will go back and check to see if maybe one of the betas decided I didn't like what I like and changed it on me.

The Smart uninstaller does not seem to remember the view you set. Everyone likes something different and I like the icon view so I wish it would save my preference on that.

The first cloud settings window. To me it just seems really odd to click "X" when I'm done. I think an "OK" or "Done" button would feel more natural there.
Last edited by Charger440 on Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
reggaemanu

Re: Couple quick issues

Post by reggaemanu »

I confirm the two system info.html files in uploaded zip.
Xander

Post by Xander »

Charger440 wrote:The first cloud settings window. To me it just seems really odd to click "X" when I'm done. I think an "OK" or "Done" button would feel more natural there.
The SU and UAK windows work the same way. You have to X out of them to go back to the automated set; hitting Home brings up a second UVK session.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OK, I fixed the typo, the double system info and added a OK, I'm done button to the CloudSync window.

As for the links and smart uninstaller view, UVK does remember the last setting, But if you use cloudcync they get overwritten on launch. You need to setup things the way you want them and then upload them to the cloud before closing UVK.

Xander, you must be talking about launching UAK or SU from the System Repair section, right? The second instance is the UAK or the SU one. UVK keeps running on its own instance. This allows you to skip monitoring the UAK scan or ths Smart uninstaller and continue running the remaining fixes.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Yup, the SR. I never even considered using the Skip Monitoring since those windows have their own Home buttons. There aren't any circumstances where I'd want to keep those two windows running while other processes go on. Neither of them take very long normally so I either let them run or, worst case, would hit Home to cancel.