C++ Build - Ready for production.

Use this forum to place comments about UVK.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Fred
Site Admin

C++ Build - Ready for production.

Post by Fred »

This new build contains all the current UVK features plus the ones that have been added. The only exception is the profile backup feature that hasn't been coded yet, because I'll be creating a full backup solution for technicians in the next days.

The Misc Tools and IT/Geek Tools sections were merged into a new one: Tools and Tweaks. The new section is not just a concatenation of the two previous sections; it has had many enhancements. Just check out for yourselves.

The Options section was also improved, and many new options were added.

As always, feedback is appreciated.

Download here.

Edit: Last update: 4:15 PM Friday, September 16, 2016
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
reggaemanu

Re: C++ Build - Ready for production.

Post by reggaemanu »

Just tested quickly right after download and so far so good that seems awesome :)
I didn't tested the c++ build since the early builds and I have to say : Nice job Fred, I can't wait for it to replace the actual uvk :)
It's faster, and I love the "tooltips" for information instead of dialogs with ok buttons.
I also really really like the "tools and tweaks" new arrangement ! It make it really easier to use.
Well, I like the overall job you done on this new version and I'll keep testing it tomorrow in real conditions !
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred, So far it is looking good. However, I found a bug for you. It's in the affected files dialog. It's appears with a simple mouse over.
Attachments
Affectedfilesbug.png
Affectedfilesbug.png (280.63 KiB) Viewed 34575 times
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Jim, I know why that's happening, and I'll fix it ASAP.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred,

I really like what you did so far. I found a couple minor issues but I'll wait till you get done to share them if they still exist. I'd rather have a finished version up and running than delay for a while over small stuff. I also like all the lack of "OK" buttons :)
Jim

Xander

Post by Xander »

Not so much a bug but, once I click the SR button, the window disappears completely and it takes ~30 seconds for the SR window to appear. I'd thought it had crashed. Last version I looked at opened in a couple of seconds, twice the speed of the old one) but now it's about 6x slower.

Bug? "Check/Uncheck all in this group" are not available.
Xander

Post by Xander »

Bug: Smart Uninstaller - had to re-import my list as they weren't cloud-syncing. On the PC is three junk programs, Amazon 1Button, Google Toolbar and Search App by Ask. Even though I was sure they were already blacklisted, I've re-blacklisted them but when I "select blacklisted", none of them become selected.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks for the bug reports, everyone. I fixed the reported bugs, and a few others I found myself. Uploaded a new zip, same download URL.

Xander, the "Slow SR Loading" part is not happening to me. It loads instantly, even a big SR file. Can you try that again and report if it's still happening? Or is this happening to anyone else? Thanks

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Still happening. Three different PCs, too. Does it even if I use just the zip file and none of my own settings files and doesn't change if run locally or off my NAS. On the third PC's second try, it did load quickly but went back to slow on the next few tries.

I'm attaching the PSR recording from the third PC. This is running with just the download (on desktop, not NAS) and nothing of my own. The UVK window doesn't record well, apparently, as it doesn't even show up in the last frame...but it's there. Note the time stamps.
Attachments
uvkc.zip
(198.68 KiB) Downloaded 4017 times
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Xander, I guess the best way I can test and fix this is by forcing it to happen to me. If you don't mind to send me your license through a PM, it's appreciated.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred,

Since we are on this. The new build does not seem to load my sr script from the cloud. Will try again later to make sure I'm not dreaming but I'm pretty sure it didn't work.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim, If you don't mind, please send me your license as well. It'll only be used for testing purposes, obviously.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

OK I sent it.

I tried it a couple times and it loaded but then it stopped and now it won't load.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

What I was afraid happened. It's working fine for me. Did you check out that CloudSync is enabled for whitelists and scripts?

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Oh, and don't forget to download the zip again, if you haven't. There's already been an update since the first post in this topic.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim I changed a couple of things in your settings, care to check out if it is working for you now?

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

It seems that issue is fixed and it appears that it's possible that it might have been an idiot behind the keyboard issue..... Yea. that idiot would be me....
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim, It's got nothing to do with being an idiot or not. There seems to be a conflict between CloudSync and "Auto load the last SR file". I just disabled the latter. For some reason, I think that may be behind Xander's issue too...

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Well Fred, I didn't realize I had not put the key in the new version. So at the very least, it was partly my fault :)
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Oh, CloudSync surely does not work if the application is not activated. How could it know which files to download?... LOL

Fred