[Solved] Running scripts with -Auto

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
binkz1337

[Solved] Running scripts with -Auto

Post by binkz1337 »

Hello UVK Forum,

I am attempting to add my own automated 3rd party apps using scripts to the system repair section of UVK. Each tool has its own script file. I have been slowly making these scripts for weeks and they have all been tested extensively and work fine from the Log Analyzer. Now I am trying to add them and see it all in action but cannot get them to run without bringing up the "Run Script" screen.

In the documentation I read:
Or you can create apps that run UVK scripts easily. You just need to specify the path of your script in the command. Append -Auto if you want to run the script without confirmation. Side note: I can execute the scripts from the "Run Script" screen and they work as intended but it kinda defeats the purpose of automation if I have to do that for each App/Program.

%InstallSourceDir%\My script.uvk
%ThirdParty%\My script.uvk -Auto
All of my scripts look something like this:
%ThirdParty%\script.uvk -Auto
However this still brings up the "Run Script" screen.
I have also tried:
"%ThirdParty%\script.uvk" -Auto
"%ThirdParty%\script.uvk -Auto"
%ThirdParty%\script.uvk /Auto
"%ThirdParty%\script.uvk /Auto"
"%ThirdParty%\script.uvk" /Auto
%ThirdParty%\script.uvk -auto
"%ThirdParty%\script.uvk -auto"
"%ThirdParty%\script.uvk" -auto

I have tried on two different computers, although they are both running Windows 10 64 bit.

What am I missing here? Or is this just a bug? I find it hard to believe that nobody else is missing this functionality!

Thanks in advance for any solutions.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Running scripts with -Auto

Post by Fred »

Hi binkz1337. Thanks for reporting this bug. I will fix it ASAP.

In the meantime, please use the following format:
%UVKExe% -ReadFile "%ThirdParty%\script.uvk" -Auto
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

Can you share your scripts with us?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

binkz1337, the bug is now fixed in version 8.0.7. Thanks again for the report.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
binkz1337

Post by binkz1337 »

Thank you for the speedy fix! I will keep the other format in mind if I run into problems again!