RMM Capabilities

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

RMM Capabilities

Post by Charger440 »

This is the discussion thread for the coming RMM software. Below will be a list of established features we would like to see in the tool. The list will change as time goes on and more discussion happens on the topic.

1) Complete system specs updatable on demand and maybe once every 6 months otherwise?

2) Monitoring for:
1) HD health
2) Memory usage too high
3) CPU usage too high
4) New device added if possible
5) Blacklisted software
6) Network usage too high
7) Over all memory usage
8) BSODs
9) Event 55 (disk errors)
10) 6008 (unexpected shutdown)
11) low disk space

Theses alerts should be sent either email, sms or both.
Actions for alarm triggers

3) Spyware and virus removal. Virus may have to come later depending on what we can work out.
This should be both scheduled and ondemand

4) Reporting, daily, weekly and monthly. Maybe the possibility of giving the user access to the reports.
The ability to send the reports to different places and multiple places.

5) Ability to remotely remove the RMM tool. Possibly to remotely install it.

6) Complete, headless version of UVK. No user access to UVK functions at all.

7) Complete system metrics. Maybe update in realtime at some point

8) Scriptable.

9) Maybe different levels to make it "affordable." Based on previous product pricing, I'm sure it will be anyway.

10) Ability to add links to each device - SimpleHelp, for example, supports direct linking to its devices.

11) Create profiles that can be assigned to computers.

Modified 8/26/16
Last edited by Charger440 on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Xander

Re: RMM Capabilities

Post by Xander »

* Smart Uninstaller with a client-side popup to warn them in case the uninstalls aren't truly silent. "Unwanted software has been detected. We'll try to get rid of it. You may see an Uninstall window come up after this. Be advised that some uninstallers will automatically reboot your PC so save your work."

* Option to set clients in groups or profiles as opposed to a one-size-fits-all. I favour the idea of being able to give every new client the software so that it functions as a calling card and maaaybe offer limited, on-demand cleanup but currently split clients into weekly maintenance/updates (annual charge) and a much more comprehensive plan (quarterly billing).

* Since this would require interaction with software on my end, I'd like to see it Self-hosted and, once licensed, autonomous... similar to how my ScreenConnect software works - I buy it once, it checks its license, and then will keep working regardless of if they stop producing the product. This would preclude Fred's servers taking a hit and cover our butts on the small chance that Fred decides to pack it in someday.

* Monitor for: BSODs, Event 55 (disk errors) and 6008 (unexpected shutdown), low disk space.

* Ability to add links to each device - SimpleHelp, for example, supports direct linking to its devices.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Xander wrote:* Smart Uninstaller with a client-side popup to warn them in case the uninstalls aren't truly silent. "Unwanted software has been detected. We'll try to get rid of it. You may see an Uninstall window come up after this. Be advised that some uninstallers will automatically reboot your PC so save your work."
I think this sounds interesting but you might include the ability for the user to temporarily opt out.
Xander wrote:* Option to set clients in groups or profiles as opposed to a one-size-fits-all. I favour the idea of being able to give every new client the software so that it functions as a calling card and maaaybe offer limited, on-demand cleanup but currently split clients into weekly maintenance/updates (annual charge) and a much more comprehensive plan (quarterly billing).
I think this actually reinforces or is inline with number 9.
Xander wrote:* Since this would require interaction with software on my end, I'd like to see it Self-hosted and, once licensed, autonomous... similar to how my ScreenConnect software works - I buy it once, it checks its license, and then will keep working regardless of if they stop producing the product. This would preclude Fred's servers taking a hit and cover our butts on the small chance that Fred decides to pack it in someday.
I personally can't stand with you on this one. We have all seen the ton of work Fred has done on UVK with his Lifetime license. I would almost go so far as to say I would not buy it if it wasn't subscription based.

Xander wrote:* Monitor for: BSODs, Event 55 (disk errors) and 6008 (unexpected shutdown), low disk space.
Added to the Monitoring section for further discussion.
Xander wrote:* Ability to add links to each device - SimpleHelp, for example, supports direct linking to its devices.
Added as feature number 10 for further discussion.
Jim

Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Charger440 wrote:
Xander wrote:* Smart Uninstaller with a client-side popup to warn them in case the uninstalls aren't truly silent. "Unwanted software has been detected. We'll try to get rid of it. You may see an Uninstall window come up after this. Be advised that some uninstallers will automatically reboot your PC so save your work."
I think this sounds interesting but you might include the ability for the user to temporarily opt out.
Xander wrote:* Option to set clients in groups or profiles as opposed to a one-size-fits-all. I favour the idea of being able to give every new client the software so that it functions as a calling card and maaaybe offer limited, on-demand cleanup but currently split clients into weekly maintenance/updates (annual charge) and a much more comprehensive plan (quarterly billing).
I think this actually reinforces or is inline with number 9.
Also added number 11.
Xander wrote:* Since this would require interaction with software on my end, I'd like to see it Self-hosted and, once licensed, autonomous... similar to how my ScreenConnect software works - I buy it once, it checks its license, and then will keep working regardless of if they stop producing the product. This would preclude Fred's servers taking a hit and cover our butts on the small chance that Fred decides to pack it in someday.
I personally can't stand with you on this one. We have all seen the ton of work Fred has done on UVK with his Lifetime license. I would almost go so far as to say I would not buy it if it wasn't subscription based.

Xander wrote:* Monitor for: BSODs, Event 55 (disk errors) and 6008 (unexpected shutdown), low disk space.
Added to the Monitoring section for further discussion.
Xander wrote:* Ability to add links to each device - SimpleHelp, for example, supports direct linking to its devices.
Added as feature number 10 for further discussion.
Jim

Xander

Post by Xander »

Fred, any further word on this idea becoming a reality?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Yes, I'm already researching for the new program. I'll start coding soon, but it will take a long while to be available, of course.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Thomask

Post by Thomask »

Any update on this project . I think Freds work is great and I am excited to see what he comes up with
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I'm working on it. Development moves on slowly because there are many other things going on in the background. I'm going to create a dedicated post when I've got some more stuff to show up.
winstorm.png
winstorm.png (125.45 KiB) Viewed 18897 times
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I like it! :D
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I can't wait to start trying it out
Jim

Xander

Post by Xander »

Fred, are you looking for feature requests for this? Or have a list of what you features you're planning it to have?
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Just curious, where did you get the name "STORM?" Does it stand for anything?
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

System Tweaking, Optimization, Repair and Maintenance tool It will do all that, as UVK does.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Xander, I'll post a topic about the tool when I have something for you guys.

Fred
Thomask

Post by Thomask »

Still Waiting
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I don't think I have seen Fred go this long with answering....
Jim

Muhammad Tasneem

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

I am in the waiting line :D 8-)
Brink

Post by Brink »

Hey Fred, did you ever do anything else with Win Storm?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Brink, here's some info about the current progress of the application.

In the screenshot below, you see the Dashboard tab, which shows some hardware and software information, and performs some quick diagnostics in order to give you a nice insight about the machine you hae in hands.

The second section shows the Scan tab, where you can choose what to scan. You can scan the current online OS, or an offline OS. The scan will search for malware, adware and bloatware, and also try to diagnose broken services, and many other system issues. In the end, items that Win Storm has diagnosed, will be automatically checked, but many other will be available for you to check them yourself. For instance, all UVK system repair items will be present, but some will not be available if you're scanning an offline system.

The utilities tab will have all UVK utilities (process manager, smart uninstaller, ...) and probably a few more. So Win Storm will have everything UVK does, plus the diagnostics and the RMM. Win Storm is all about diagnostics. I'm designing it to be able to notice a system issue and notify you about it, either suggesting a fix such as Reset services start types, or giving you advice, such as You should repair this Windows installation from the install media.

Currently I'm working on the Scan and diagnose part. The RMM part will be the most hard because it will require simultaneous desktop and web programming. But we're not there yet.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (67.42 KiB) Viewed 16735 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (83.39 KiB) Viewed 16735 times

Fred
Brink

Post by Brink »

Looks pretty nice so far. I'll be interested to try it out when you have something that is ready for beta.