Remote Support /Administration

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Muhammad Tasneem

Remote Support /Administration

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

Hi,

I need some suggestions regarding different remote support and administration software, What you are using and whats your opinion about different software.

At the moment I am using TeamViewer free version which is good for normal remote support. Its free and easy to use. Different packages available for different requirements (quick Support, Meeting, Custom, portable, unattended etc) But I can't do some advance support.

Some guys advice me once about LiteManager http://www.litemanager.com/produkts/LiteManagerFree/ and Remote Utilities https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/. Both have free versions with no. of users restriction (like 10 to 30 users).

I don't have any experience about VNCs, may be someone knows about more them.
Xander

Re: Remote Support /Administration

Post by Xander »

Teamviewer is free for consumer use, not for business...unless they've redone the terms they've been using forever.

I'm using ScreenConnect for the last few years. They changed their pricing model, though, but I'm grandfathered in on the old plan.
I looked into Simple-Help a couple of weeks ago and the agent answering my questions mislead me to think it had a lot more features than it does so I bought a license. Later that day, I found you need to buy the extra features so I've asked for a refund and...they're not replying. Few more days and I'll have my credit card company reverse the charges. Not impressed.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I personally use Simplehelp for remote support. I have used pretty much all of them and I think TeamViewer is far and away the best. Simplehelp support is rather lacking and the extra features that Xander mentioned, in my experience, are not all that helpful. Personally I have never gotten the toolbox to work right and support is dismal at best.

It is my opinion that any VNC based tool will be slow and lackluster but generally does get the basic job done. Another thing of note with Simplehelp is you must host it yourself. If you have a decent upload then it's not a big deal but if not then you have to find a server at an additional cost.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Muhammad Tasneem

Thanks Xander and Bill for your replies.
Currently I am busy some critical jobs (not related to PCs but the whole Industrial machine)
After finishing these jobs, I will to check/test some more software (like Dameware Remote Support/Mini remote control)

Someone else to share his experience? It will very helpful to me.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Your welcome :)

Bill might be a little insulted that you called me Bill but I'm sure he will get over it :lol:
Jim

Muhammad Tasneem

oops... too much work load... think something else when replying... even I read your name and I think I have written it correctly... sorry bro :( .. Jim

that my condition:
Read something else
write another thing
Think somewhere else.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

LOL Muhammad.....

It's all good!
Jim

wmmiller