Client License

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Muhammad Tasneem

Client License

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

I already ask too much from Ferd but I know he can do everything what he wants ;)

I know, there are three license UVK already offered: Free, Common license and Branding license but I need this feature in Branding license.

Ok, Let me explain the case/condition:

Condition # 1:
A customer come to your shop with his system for repair - you can do it because you have branding license.

Condition # 2:
A customer call you to come his place because his/her system not working - you can go and do repair because you have branding license.

Condition # 3:
A customer wants to do a contract to maintain/repair all his systems either monthly basis, quarterly basis, half yearly basis or annually basis.

Because I never wants to leave my license on customer PCs, but I need a feature to enable my branding license for a particular time period (or no. of times to run the program) on that machine (like import a special key in registry to activate the client license).

May be we restrict that the only saved scripts runs in client mode (like Full system repair script, Full maintenance script or custom written scripts etc). if we want to do more work we can copy our branding license.

After that time the software itself deleted or stop working (like we stop some programs in group policies) or if the customer renew the contract before time we just change/increase the period
Charger440

Re: Client License

Post by Charger440 »

Muhammad

All I will say is this MIGHT be in the works already. I'm hopeful but but not sure how it will turn out.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Muhammad Tasneem

Any news about it!!!
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I have been asking about it for some time now and all I can say is there is no official word on it yet.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Guys, I don't mind if you leave your license in the customer's machine. I just want you to be careful not to allow the customer to use your license.

For instance, in those cases, you could use the ZIP version and extract it to a hidden sub directory of System32. This would not create any shortcuts, and common users don't usually go poking around in the System folders.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

Ya.... its good to do...
but you know ... you make us lazy... :D
and we are always looking at youto make our life easier. ;)

We just want the client License feature enable in UVK... :x
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

For that kind of install, I usually just make the Programs dir for UVK hidden and remove all desktop shortcuts.... Most average home users will never find it. If they do find it and know what to do with it, Fred would sell to them anyway so it don't really matter except that they found your license...
Jim