Email Addresses

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Charger440

Email Addresses

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

Since we can enter any email address now, Can you take the asterisks off the email address field in reports dialog or is there still a method to your madness of hiding the email address?
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Email Addresses

Post by Fred »

Huh???

I'll put a "Show characters" check box instead of the "Show" button.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

LOL

I'm not doing too good with you today am I?

OK, how about this, is there a reason you still hide the email address? Maybe if I understand why, it will make sense to me.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I just thought some people might want to hide the email address in case someone else was watching. I'll also add a "Show characters" check box in the FTP password field, for easiness sake.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I have no issue with the FTP section but the email address section I always felt a bit odd. However, I accepted it because you said it was your registered email address and I thought you did that for security purposes based on that idea. However, you now allow any email address so it would seem more privacy as opposed to security for people now. You don't really need to change it just on my account as I hardly ever use it. 99.9% of the time I FTP anyway. Most of us probably do FTP I would imagine...
Jim

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I think I would prefer it hidden but a check box so we could choose our preference for the very reason Fred brought up would be a great option.
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes