UVK Update

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

UVK Update

Post by Charger440 »

For the last few versions it seems as though the built in program update does not work. This computer I am using now is one of them. It says there is a new version, asks if I want to update, downloads the update, closes the current instance and then does nothing. When I run the program again it is still the older version and wants to update again. If you can think of a way I can test it to give you more details let me know. AV was off at least one time I tried it but it did not make a difference.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
wmmiller

Re: UVK Update

Post by wmmiller »

I have not had any issues. I just updated about twenty seconds ago from 8.0.3.0 to 8.0.4.0 without issue. I’m using Windows 10 64bit.
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Hey Bill How is you?

I only have that issue on some computers. Others like my other laptop have updated just fine. I'm not sure if Fred has anyway to see what didn't work in the update process or what.
Jim

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I’m doing ok. I have two new granddaughters since May. It’s a little warm here but I shouldn’t complain since it took forever for spring to show up in northern Minnesota. I hope you’re well too. :)
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I am doing pretty well. it is HOT!! here. Or, at least it was, it has cooled down some now so that is a good thing.

Congrats on the granddaughters!!
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I've experienced that issue too. Most of the times I just run UVK again, update again, and this time it works. I think it's an AV software that prevents the execution. Actually I think it is Windows defender, but I have to check that out. When it happens, can you please report the currently installed AV?

Thanks.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I will report the av version next time. I have tried running and updating again but that never works for me.
Jim

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I’m not so sure its Windows Defender. Every one of my own computers whether it has Windows 10 or 7 has MSE or Windows Defender on it. That along with SAS and MBam are the only three things I’ve ever needed.