Ability to Run third party apps before / after UVK system repair script runs unattended

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
TheLaptopFixers

Ability to Run third party apps before / after UVK system repair script runs unattended

Post by TheLaptopFixers »

It would be great to be able to run third party apps before UVK starts the system repair and also at the end of system repair.

For example, clean-up tools (such SAS removal) as the very last thing to do.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Ability to Run third party apps before / after UVK system repair script runs unattended

Post by Fred »

Hello,

That's what the "Add to top apps and fixes" feature is for. In that group, you can run whatever you want, in the order you want.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
TheLaptopFixers

Re: Ability to Run third party apps before / after UVK system repair script runs unattended

Post by TheLaptopFixers »

ok, I do use that but this is a manual click and sometimes we forget to do this first / last thing after a service. Any chance for an option to run automatically at start/end/start&end
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Once you set all the apps and fixes in the top apps and fixes, you can save them to a UVKSR file, so the next time they are already there. Again, you can put whatever you want in that group, apps, fixes and third party custom or built-in apps.

I'll see if I can add an option that sorta does what you say. But it seems pretty complicated. Even if I add an extra option to automatically run certain custom apps in the beginning or in the end, it would still have to define their order of running, and exactly at what point.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred,

If I understand him right, it should be pretty easy. Just add an option to run an app when System Repair opens and then when it closes. It almost seems like it should be a program option as I would think that if you actually set this, you would want it to run every time, otherwise you could just pick the option as normal. Not sure I would use but I could see where it would have value to some people though.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"