Unattended uninstall of blacklisted apps

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
reggaemanu

Unattended uninstall of blacklisted apps

Post by reggaemanu »

Hi Fred,

Could you add an SR entry to uninstall automatically all blacklisted apps ?

Would be nice for easy debloating of new computers and for removing some apps we always remove while cleaning up.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Unattended uninstall of blacklisted apps

Post by Fred »

That's been already requested. The problem is that UVK can not just guess which options to use (forced uninstall, unattended...). If it has to let you choose the desired options before uninstalling, it will not be very different from the current Uninstall programs SR item. So, why add a new one?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I was thinking this had already been requested.... May I suggest, unattended/forced? That could be kinda iffy so you would want to use it with caution..... I'm not sure I would use it myself. That's just my two cents :)
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Fred wrote:That's been already requested. The problem is that UVK can not just guess which options to use (forced uninstall, unattended...). If it has to let you choose the desired options before uninstalling, it will not be very different from the current Uninstall programs SR item. So, why add a new one?
yeah, I know we already talked about it when you were implementing smart uninstall.

I don't see where is the problem:
- forced isn't good to be used for daily use (that's just in case of uninstall problem) so obvioulsy we don't want to use it automatically in SR, it could break things.
- normal uninstall oviously isn't interresting in SR mode
- Unattended is the only thing I use every time, if the program doesn't support it it just wait for user input like in normal mode, and if it support it it just uninstall.

The difference with the current Uninstall programs SR item would be that it would run automatically uninstallation of blacklisted programs instead of waiting for user to select random programs and then click uninstall button.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

There's still a problem with unattended uninstall: Some programs prompt for rebooting the PC, and unattended uninstall automatically clicks buttons containing Yes, Oui, Ya, OK, etc. So the PC may unexpectedly reboot.

What about Scan & remove remnants? Should it be automatically checked?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Mmmh, I didn't realised that your way of unattend uninstall was to automatically click buttons, I though it was only using the command line switches.

Nevermind, I'll keep using my batch scripts for automated debloating :)
Brink

Post by Brink »

The option to auto uninstall or not with forced uninstall, unattended etc could be added as options when adding to the blacklist.
mikebesurfing

Post by mikebesurfing »

I know this has not been visited in a while but what about just having an option of automatically checking the box for the blacklisted software with a single checkbox.
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

mikebesurfing wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:48 am I know this has not been visited in a while but what about just having an option of automatically checking the box for the blacklisted software with a single checkbox.
Just hit ALT+B or right click in the window and click "select blacklisted items" ... By the way, they are already pre-checked when you launch the uninstaller.