SR - temp set user account to autologin

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Xander

SR - temp set user account to autologin

Post by Xander »

To help speed up the process, less clickage and all that. SR could pop up a "enter password" window and enable Auto-Logon and, upon exit of the program, put it back to how it was originally.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: SR - temp set user account to autologin

Post by Fred »

I guess I could add a field for auto logon in the pre-repair actions group and another one for restoring auto logon in the post-repair actions group. Let's see what I can come up with.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Thanks for adding this into the new version, Fred - can I ask for an adjustment? At the end, it says "will cancel any existing user automatic logon." Could that be changed to *only* cancel the auto-login that UVK has added (but leave any pre-existing auto-logins in place)?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hum, don't know about that one, Xander. I'd like to provide a way of disabling user auto logon through the System repair section, even if the auto logon was set by other means. And you can uncheck that option even after the system repair procedure begins, in case you decide you want to keep auto logon as it is.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

What about a complete override if run manually, and undoing its own setting if run automatically?

This leaves the option there and wouldn't affect any pre-existing settings and wouldn't leave the autologin in place if it wasn't there before.